Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juvenile delinquent has to graduate!

I have a situation in a California Juvenile Hall where a first time juvenile offender is released with certain conditions. Would this be called a "conditional release"? what is the correct legal term?

the conditions I'm hoping to use are the proscriptions to get enough credits to graduate high school through receiving credits in extra-curricular activities.

is this an allowable condition?

thanks! any insight any one could provide for this situation would be most welcome!

Re: Juvenile delinquent has to graduate!

I don't know about correct term for the release, but the kids who come to my class from Juvy are on probation. They have an official probation officer. They are required to stay in school and meet certain attendance requirements, and generally the probation officer regularly checks in with the teacher to make sure the kid is passing his classes. If he fails to improve, he risks going back.

Some kids do have ankle bracelets and if the officer pings the kid to make sure he's in class, it makes a noise like a cell phone going off and the whole class hears it.

They have no requirements for extra curriculars. This is at a regular public school and only for kids under 18.
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

thanks for the info, emily. very helpful! if I have any more questions I hope I can ask you... thanks again!

Comment

No problem. The boyfriend is in law enforcement, so if you have any more specific questions I can always ask him. Feel free to PM me.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I've spent time in juvenile hall and was released on probation when I was 13. I had to meet school attendance criteria as well as meet a certain amount of community service hours at a local homeless shelter. I know the juvy system inside and out So yeah, go with "probation", never heard of the other terms you used, in this context.

Also, my parents were cops for over twenty-five years each, I know the good guys inside and out too

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, Telly. If I have any more in-depth questions I hope I can ask you some via PM...

Comment

Working...
            X