Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California DMV question...

is there any way to tell by looking at the drivers license as to which particular DMV office it was issued by?

Re: California DMV question...

No. Unless it's code somewhere. Very little written info on the card. And they now have magnetic strips.
    Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

Driver's licenses, DMV offices...

I was told by my state's DMV office/Highway Patrol support center that the state issued DLs are NOT tracked or recorded by the #s issued on them. I do not mean the driver's license # I mean the # printed on the ID card. Why the state DMV office or any state police/public safety office would not do that makes little sense to me.
      Fraud, waste, abuse etc would seem faster or easy to track but some things state/local/federal agencies make no sense.

Beef
      ps: I learned this tidbit about 4 years ago when I dealt with some nutbar hotel guest who wanted to get a room at 200am using a Florida class E driver's license with a address from JAPAN! It was like 9999 Whasabi RD Osaka Japan 99999-9999. He wanted to use a credit card and the hotel clerk(correctly) had valid concerns about it. I working as a security officer and wanted to chuck the guy out. I contacted the state Highway Patrol office later and found out the details.
      I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

Working...
      X