Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat

hey flicker freaks - i don't usually buy anything from the concession stands. the food is yuk! the candy $ is yikes! and the thought of having to pee during the 3rd act just won't do.

so i need your help. what food... and i'm upscaling here would you love to see , buy, and eat at you local movie theater concession stand. this place also has a liquor license and sells beer and wine.

thanks for your help!

Re: Eat

A great beer and bourbon list would be amazing. Don't skip out on the popcorn and candy. I still buy popcorn at movies I'm really excited about and I still sneak candy into the theaters. I'd buy it there if it were cheaper.

It'd be cool if there were healthier finger foods too. Hummus and pitas, non-crunchy fruits (I hate hearing people chew at the movies). How about some grinders? I've snuck Subway into theaters a couple of times when I've been super hungry.

It'd be awesome if you had some juice and GOOD lemonade available as well.

And strong coffee.
    QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Fiddle Faddle.
      Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

We have cinemas here in Australia called 'Gold Class', which is basically a smaller size theater with about 40 lazy-boy recliners, set in pairs. There's a decent alcohol list, even cocktails, gourmet food and waiters bring your drinks/food out. You can even say "OK, this movie goes for 3 hrs so bring me a beer every hour and nachos half way through" - and it's done.

Mind you, it doesn't come without the hefty price tag. $40 a ticket, then food and drink on top.

But I saw Inception and Avatar there this year and it is well worth the extra money.

So I will add my fave foods: Nachos and a nice bottle of red.

And if I HAVE to see the film "El Cheapo", I smuggle in Subway and a packet of Starburst Chews.

Second that about peeing in the 3rd Act. I once held it in cause I didn't want to miss anything and when the credits rolled, my g/f had to walk me out like I was going into labour. Painful steps. Big sigh of relief afterwards though haha.
        Last edited by one seven spectrum; 08-02-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I never even ate popcorn until I discovered the White Cheddar Cheese topping at the Landmark cinemas. Now, that is reason enough to go to the movies for me.

But wait: isn't it frustrating to only have your topping on the top 1 percent of your popcorn? Your popcorn that just cost you more than the actual ticket? Why yes it is. But Rantanplan comes prepared.

First, I ask the popcorn to be buttered in LAYERS. Yes, it involves 30 seconds more work from the movie theatre clerk, but damned if those young men aren't just the most obliging guys.

Then, I head to the popcorn seasoning stand, where I have my choice of toppings. I reach for the White Cheddar, and I sprinkle generously on the top 1 percent. Then, surreptitiously, I whip out a little container from my bag, in my case an empty plastic powder Parmano cheese container, and I dump a whole bunch of White Cheddar Cheese topping into it.

Once in my seat, I stick the Diet Coke in one arm rest, the little container of White Cheddar Cheese topping in the other --it fits perfectly.

Now, I can replenish my topping at will during the movie going experience.

PURE BLISS.

Makes even a really crappy movie a delectable experience.

Estimated calorie count: 1000000000000000000000000000000000000.

But: worth it!

Comment

/thinks it would be a blast to see a movie with Rant

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
              /thinks it would be a blast to see a movie with Rant
              I'm gonna go ahead and second this.
              QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
                I'm gonna go ahead and second this.
                You would both be absolutely correct

I take this sh!t seriously!

But: I don't share. Find your own containers.

Comment

Tator tots.

Don't judge me.

Comment

Originally posted by via negativa View Post
                    Tator tots.

Don't judge me.
                    Do you stuff them in your pant pocket like Napoleon Dynamite?
                    Last night, Jesus appeared to me in a dream and told me that loving me is the part of His job He hates the most.

Comment

strong HOT coffee.

Or good cold beer, like at the film festivals. Open bar right up till showtime.

Comment

Eats

If you are hungry, go elsewhere, (a restaurant, ice cream parlour, tavern, etc.), and let the civilized audience enjoy the film without a hungry herd grazing in the surrounding seats.

Okay. I'll allow for one concession. In that sound-proofed room, where mothers can take their screaming babies and still watch the film, breast-feeding and baby-bottles should be allowed.
                        JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Keep 'em coming.
                          I see a couple I can use.
                          Be extra creative.
                          Think non-processed foods/candy.

let me give you a few of the ideas i have:
                          Kahlua milkshake
                          Red Wine berry smoothie
                          Cajun spiced assorted nuts
                          Warm giant choc chip cookie
                          Chicken salad stuffed profiteroles
                          Steak, mushroom & gruyere empanadas
                          Last edited by NikeeGoddess; 08-03-2010, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
                            I never even ate popcorn until I discovered the White Cheddar Cheese topping at the Landmark cinemas. Now, that is reason enough to go to the movies for me.

But wait: isn't it frustrating to only have your topping on the top 1 percent of your popcorn? Your popcorn that just cost you more than the actual ticket? Why yes it is. But Rantanplan comes prepared.

First, I ask the popcorn to be buttered in LAYERS. Yes, it involves 30 seconds more work from the movie theatre clerk, but damned if those young men aren't just the most obliging guys.

Then, I head to the popcorn seasoning stand, where I have my choice of toppings. I reach for the White Cheddar, and I sprinkle generously on the top 1 percent. Then, surreptitiously, I whip out a little container from my bag, in my case an empty plastic powder Parmano cheese container, and I dump a whole bunch of White Cheddar Cheese topping into it.

Once in my seat, I stick the Diet Coke in one arm rest, the little container of White Cheddar Cheese topping in the other --it fits perfectly.

Now, I can replenish my topping at will during the movie going experience.

PURE BLISS.

Makes even a really crappy movie a delectable experience.

Estimated calorie count: 1000000000000000000000000000000000000.

But: worth it!

Have you tried Indiana Popcorn's White Cheddar popcorn? It is the same company that makes Dale & Thomas popcorn but it is sold in places like Walgreens and CVS.

Comment

I treat my going to watch a movie to watch a movie experiences like I'm going to the amusement park. Money ain't no thang. I have a friend here who is an assistant manager at a theater. I get free shows from 11am-3pm any time he's working and discounts on concessions, so that's a plus.
                              Soda : Large Pepsi
                              Popcorn : Large Tub/Bag with White Cheddar and Chili Lime seasoning .
                              Candy : Reese's pieces and the occasional Sno Caps.

I can also make the best theater popcorn. Too many go cheap on the popping oil, but if you pop it half way with the normal oil, then give it another squirt, plus a squirt of butter, it comes out damn good.
                              If there are any questions, direct them to [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X