Anyone here from New Orleans or very familiar with the city?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here from New Orleans or very familiar with the city?

I need to know about boardwalks / river walks, etc. Are there places along the Mississippi where:

a) there would be parking lots

b) there would be a nice walk and view. Like maybe a boardwalk with benches to sit on and look out at the delta or something like that.

In other words: an area people could drive to, park, then walk along the river. And where would that area be in relation to downtown?

Thanks guys! I looked at a bunch of info on line but it's kind of hard to get a real feel for it and I want it to be accurate.

Re: Anyone here from New Orleans or very familiar with the city?

Hey, I'm from New Orleans. The French Quarter and Jackson Square are right next to the M. river. You can park, walk, sit on benches or ride a ferry over to the "west bank." The river at this point is HUGE with massive ships and barges passing by. Very industrial. Note: you would not be looking at the delta.

Got to run...hope this helps. More info if you need it. Where are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by TurboBard View Post
      Hey, I'm from New Orleans. The French Quarter and Jackson Square are right next to the M. river. You can park, walk, sit on benches or ride a ferry over to the "west bank." The river at this point is HUGE with massive ships and barges passing by. Very industrial. Note: you would not be looking at the delta.

Got to run...hope this helps. More info if you need it. Where are you from?
      Yes, that helps a lot, thanks!

Comment

There is also a huge mall. http://www.riverwalkmarketplace.com/

There is running/walking trail that runs along the river, too.

Comment

Originally posted by mswriterj View Post
          There is also a huge mall. http://www.riverwalkmarketplace.com/

There is running/walking trail that runs along the river, too.
          Thanks. I'm looking for a spot that would be more isolated. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
            Any suggestions?
            Oh what the hell -- let's go to New Orleans, Rant. Common sense and all that be damned! What say you?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
              Oh what the hell -- let's go to New Orleans, Rant. Common sense and all that be damned! What say you?
              Damn would I LOVE to.

But I can't.

Although at least it would be tax deductible

(btw, Chantelle just got murdered. Her bloody half naked body lies in a service station bathroom at the feet of a cop placing a call to Boss. I have no idea if that's good or bad, I'm gonna play around with it a bit and see where it takes me.)

Comment

Ah... But is the Swatch on her wrist? That's what I REALLY want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
                  Ah... But is the Swatch on her wrist? That's what I REALLY want to know.
                  Of course. But thank you for reminding me

I hope this doesn't turn into an episode of Law and Order: SVU. Hmm.

I seem to be derailing my own threads recently.

Comment

The notion of derailing a thread has always seemed like such an odd mixed metaphor type thing-a-ma-doohickeyish-whatchamacallit to me.

Comment

I used to play soccer at a field in Audubon park. The river trail near there might be a good place... it's used as a jogging path by Tulane kids during daylight hours, but can get sketchy at night. Lots of people park in that area near where Magazine deadends into Leake and walk either to the park or the river.

Comment

Originally posted by MrEarbrass View Post
                        I used to play soccer at a field in Audubon park. The river trail near there might be a good place... it's used as a jogging path by Tulane kids during daylight hours, but can get sketchy at night. Lots of people park in that area near where Magazine deadends into Leake and walk either to the park or the river.
                        That sounds like a perfect spot. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X