Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a disease!! No, It's for my story

I'm looking for an illness that affects children and can be detected at birth. One that's not fatal but leaves them bed ridden or wheelchair bound that they piratically live in a hospital. Also it should not have a cure yet. It should be really rare that only a handful of people have it.

If you know of any let me know.

Thanks
    Last edited by sky777; 09-06-2010, 10:01 PM.
    He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet. - Horace
    It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - Erma
    My eyes make pictures, when they are shut. - Samuel

Re: Need a disease!! No, It's for my story

Polio

Comment

I forgot to mention something rare noone really knows about.

Comment

Sky -

Maybe I gave you bad advice on your other post and you shouldn't listen to me. Because even if the childhood disease isn't terminal, I still can't picture a comedy. But if you just google rare, congenital childhood diseases, there are plenty of horrible ones out there. Pretending there is a cure for a real disease seems weird to me, though. Could you make up the disease, too? Could they at least be adult children 18 - 19 years old? I'll shut-up and leave you in peace now. I didn't mean to derail your ideas. I'm sure other people will weigh in on the subject with their thoughts and good advice.

Best,

c
        "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Cshel - I was told many times to change the terminally ill part. I was still on the fence about it but now I think it a good move.

Comment

Melorheostosis

Comment

Originally posted by sky777 View Post
              Cshel - I was told many times to change the terminally ill part. I was still on the fence about it but now I think it a good move.
              if this is a true comedy then the illness should be chronic and make them do strange things... like "physical" tourette's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome or something freaky like that. if you have to make it up - go wild.

Comment

Working...
              X