• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bioprofessor
    replied
    Re: 1900 Mr. Bubbles?

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
    This is set in 1881, but I don't think historical accuracy was their main concern.
    That's great karma. I forgot about that scene. Thanks! The bubbles stay until someone of import tells me to lose them.

Nikee - In the case of SN, I'm glad they opted for bubbles.

Leave a comment:

• NikeeGoddess
    replied

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
    Sounds like a silly detail, but I want to show my protag living (fraudulently) for the first time in the lap of luxury.
    i think just having someone fetch you hot water, over and over to fill a bathtub is luxury enough.

bubbles in movies are just to cover the boobies and such things.

Leave a comment:

• instant_karma
    replied

This is set in 1881, but I don't think historical accuracy was their main concern.

Leave a comment:

• bioprofessor
    started a topic 1900 Mr. Bubbles?

1900 Mr. Bubbles?

Ahh, the challenge of period scripts...

Anyone know if foam/bubble baths were around in the US ca. 1900?

Sounds like a silly detail, but I want to show my protag living (fraudulently) for the first time in the lap of luxury. I wrote the scene so that she's buried in a bubble bath, sipping champagne in a fancy hotel. My problem's with the bubbles. I can't find any evidence that foam or bubble baths were around before the 1930's. Seems like at least the French would've had them before then. Any period films of this era where bubble baths were used?

I suppose I could go without the bubbles, show more skin, but the bubbles (champagne and bath) seem so, um... fun.

Thanks.
Working...
X