Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imdb

What's the opinion on the new IMDB look?...Takes some getting used to.

Re: Imdb

Hate It.

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

I don't think the look is an improvement, but when I go in, it's to search for a project or person, so I don't really care.
      TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Not sure what's different? The main IMDB pages, or the IMDB Pro? I Only use the Pro, and never noticed a new change. I'm having more problems getting used to the instant google search update and the google images.
        2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

Imdb

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
          What's the opinion on the new IMDB look?...Takes some getting used to.
          When CBC television advertised an improved news telecast, the result was the same journalism presented on a larger studio set with multiple graphic images, in constant motion, and the anchorman stood behind a large table, instead of behind a desk. Someone, in the executive offices at the CBC, apparently thinks that the news is greatly improved if the announcers are standing, not sitting, (as tho Canucks really wondered if the news anchor was wearing his pants). I find the constant motion of background graphics, (which have no relation to the news content), distracting, (like heavy metal music being played over the public address system at a grocery store, as tho shoppers wouldn't buy food, if a metal band wasn't screaming obscenities at them).

I did not like how upcoming films were listed, (or, rather, how they were being promoted), as if only a dozen from Hollywood were the only ones worth anyone's attention. The "Administrators" think that everything is improved with larger graphics and more confused groupings of information. They are responding to feedback from idiotic people who could not figure out how to use the links on the left side of their webpages.

Why have you removed the left hand navigation links?

During user research, we found that many users were not discovering any of the links on the left-hand side of pages. But they often gravitated toward the bottom of the page, especially the footer area, looking for the additional information.
          For those of us with enough brains to use the links for more detailed information in the "database" of the IMDb, there's this refuge to sanity:

"If you set your user preference to 'Display full credits (title pages),' you will automatically be redirected to the /combined/ view, which has not yet been redesigned."
          Thus, the unruly children at IMDb haven't gotten around to rendering all of their webpages into uninformative advertising and graphic-laden promotional materials, just yet. Without a high-speed broadband connection, visitors to the IMDb website will experience much slower downloads of these webpages. With my film's IMDb page, I'd note that the editors still haven't included any of the actors, (from my list sent to them, months ago), yet I'm asked for trailers that can be added to promote my film. This has me wondering what their priorities are. Is IMDb's main purpose to provide information about films or to provide an advertising vehicle for film promotions?
          JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

I, for one, am glad that much more prominence has been given to the really important information, like actors and directors birthdays...
            "Only nothing is impossible."
            - Grant Morrison

Comment

I don't care that much. I only use imdb for the boards and go directly to them. I can't remember the last time I went to the homepage...

Comment

I'm glad this was posted because I absolutely hate it. I gave them some feedback and asked that they return to the original format. The old format was the epitome of clear, clean navigation -- you'd see everything "at a glance." Now I have to search around for their credits -- easy to find or not, it isn't as good as the previous incarnation when everything was right there on one page.

I think that the big dumb-ass picture adds nothing -- why the prominence of a head shot?

Please fill out the online feedback form and keep your fingers crossed that they'll return to the orginal format.

If it ain't broke, why screw it up?

Comment

It's terrible. Now you have to click through crap to get to the credits listings
                  "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Where have they hidden the movies runtime?

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

i can't seem to get any of the trailers to download fast enough or maybe they're freezing my screen. since they've changed it i haven't had the patience to watch one of them. i don't get it. my system hasn't changed.

Comment

Working...
                      X