Can you still buy sports cards at convenience stores?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you still buy sports cards at convenience stores?

Serious screenwriting question here, folks. Jokesters need not apply.
    QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Re: Can you still buy sports cards at convenience stores?

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
    Jokesters need not apply.

Comment

Well, I'm out.

Comment

It's like he doesn't want his friends to reply, even though we may actually have the answer he seeks.

Comment

All right, I'll revise the above.

Jokesters can apply, provided they abstain from joking about the thread's subject. And also from posting pictures of strange looking animals.

Comment

I am going to respect Knaight's wishes and not post in this thread.
            "Only nothing is impossible."
            - Grant Morrison

Comment

I have no idea if you can still buy sports cards at convenience stores, but I know you can buy Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler, Swank, Leg Show, etc.

Comment

Nice 1600th post. I'll use my 800th to use an emoticon that shows how I feel about you making that joke.

Comment

From Ask.com:

Find a Place to Buy

Now that you've figured out what you'd like to collect and how much you plan on spending, the next obvious step is finding a place to buy some cards. This shouldn't be too difficult, as there are several ways to track them down.
                  For the personal touch, it's hard to beat a sports card dealer - that is a store that specializes in selling sports cards (often alongside other sports memorabilia, comic books or other collectibles). Good dealers should be happy to answer all of your questions, which can be a big help when you're just starting out. This option isn't open to everyone, since there are less card stores around today than there were in the hobby's heyday a decade or two ago, but it's still worth an internet search or look in the phonebook to see if there's a dealer near you.
                  Big retailers like Walmart and Target, toy stores and even some drug stores and convenience stores also sell sports cards. These can be good places to pick up cards at decent prices, but the cards you'll find there aren't always the same as the ones you'll find at card stores, and you'll want to make sure you understand the differences before you buy.
                  Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Yes you can. No joke.
                    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                    Dave Barry

Comment

Thank you, both!

Comment

I assume you can, since that's where I bought all mine back in the 90's.

Not to sound harsh, but how difficult is it to, you know...go to the convenience store?

Comment

Not easy at all when you're in pajamas, drinking coffee, and in all-out writing mode in the comfort of your living room. Which I was when I started this thread.

Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
                            Not easy at all when you're in pajamas, drinking coffee, and in all-out writing mode in the comfort of your living room. Which I was when I started this thread.
                            I would never let pajamas prohibit my research, or my entry into a convenience store. Comfort, probably. Definitely not coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                              I would never let pajamas prohibit my research, or my entry into a convenience store. Comfort, probably. Definitely not coffee.
                              Is there a reason you didn't mention writing mode?

Comment

Working...
                              X