Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bull & Vodka

Anyone know how much these go for in London? Preferably a plush bar.

Re: Red Bull & Vodka

I phoned a friend

She said probably about 11 or 12 pounds for one R&V.

Comment

Wowza!!!!! £12!!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

i don't know about that. a simple google produces much different results:
        http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=32764929828
        http://everything2.com/title/Red+Bull+and+vodka
        don't know how posh these places are but...

Comment

The prices on that second link were listed 10 years ago

Comment

Go with what one seven's friend says. And that may even be on the low side depending on type of vodka, and how nice the place is.

A Red Bull and a whatever here in the States is gonna cost you at least $6. And in a fancy place, I can see that going for $10 or $12.

(And that first link was for specials/deals. A posh place isn't going to run specials/deals.)

HH

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
              Go with what one seven's friend says. And that may even be on the low side depending on type of vodka, and how nice the place is.

A Red Bull and a whatever here in the States is gonna cost you at least $6. And in a fancy place, I can see that going for $10 or $12.

(And that first link was for specials/deals. A posh place isn't going to run specials/deals.)

HH
              yeah but his friend was talking pounds. i find it hard to believe they would charge $24 for this drink even in a posh place.
              i also believe it's an overpriced low brow cocktail that only the under 30 crowd would drink. this might be important for storytelling. but also is the actual price really relevant to what you're writing?

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                yeah but his friend was talking pounds. i find it hard to believe they would charge $24 for this drink even in a posh place.
                i also believe it's an overpriced low brow cocktail that only the under 30 crowd would drink. this might be important for storytelling. but also is the actual price really relevant to what you're writing?
                Doesn't matter what you believe...

I was in a place in Basel, Switzerland, charged almost $20 (US dollars after the conversion) for a beer. It happens.

HH

Comment

18 dollars in a Vegas night club. So 12 lb isn't that high of a number.

Comment

Originally posted by jddobkin View Post
                    18 dollars in a Vegas night club.
                    you weren't being charged for the liquor

Comment

the price is going to vary depending on the quality of the vodka. in the united states well liquors can run anywhere from .75 cents to 5 dollars (or more) cheaper than premium liquors (bartending paid for college). i realize you're looking for the uk so this might not be much help... if it's an important point; imho, you could just call a red-bull distributor, or look up a uk nightclub and ask them directly. tip: call the nightclub during the daytime - most clubs have daystaff stocking the shelves for the nightshift; that's s.o.p for most anywhere, not just the u.s..
                      life happens
                      despite a few cracked pots-
                      and random sunlight

Comment

Working...
                      X