No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan pro athletes live?

Originally posted by KJSM View Post
    Miguel Cabrera is the Tiger's star first basemen. He was the AL MVP and captured the first triple crown in over 40 years. (when a player leads the league in batting average, home runs, and RBIs.
    Errata: Cabrera plays 3rd base.

Comment

It probably doesn't matter at this point, but I think John Salley was the last Detroit athlete to actually live in Detroit...Had a huge house in Palmer Park, an old historic neighborhood near the northern border.

Midnite

Comment

I would love to see you set it in Detroit and show ANYTHING positive you can find about living there. The river, the Fisher Theater, Eastern Market, whatever. Maybe the character is a 3rd or 4th generation Detroiter and it's all gone to hell and he still loves it there because it's his heritage and here he is, this amazingly rich pro athlete, and he chooses to live smack dab in the middle of Detroit itself. I'd pay to go see that. I would LOVE to see that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
          I would love to see you set it in Detroit and show ANYTHING positive you can find about living there. The river, the Fisher Theater, Eastern Market, whatever. Maybe the character is a 3rd or 4th generation Detroiter and it's all gone to hell and he still loves it there because it's his heritage and here he is, this amazingly rich pro athlete, and he chooses to live smack dab in the middle of Detroit itself. I'd pay to go see that. I would LOVE to see that movie.
          I hear you. I made a conscious effort when I first picked the location not to have it be a, "Let's kick Detroit while it's already down" script.

I do have a subplot about a kid in a not-great school in the city. BUT I also show Joe Louis Arena, Comerica Park, The Renaissance Center (because the script has a sports angle). And also, the financial district, and an assembly plant. Some of these are just establishing shots, to give a sense of place. The neighborhoods are Grosse Point, Bloomfield, and the like, where a lot of the scenes take place.

No matter the city, there is always beauty to be found. Detroit is certainly no different. People that live there have every right to be proud of where they come from. Just because a city is struggling, doesn't mean its inhabitants matter less.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
            Errata: Cabrera plays 3rd base.
            How could I get forget he moved back there? I'm embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by KJSM View Post
              How could I get forget he moved back there? I'm embarrassed.
              It's okay. Pay the Kangaroo Court $10 and buy everyone a round of Stroh's.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
                It's okay. Pay the Kangaroo Court $10 and buy everyone a round of Stroh's.
                Deal. A just punishment.

Comment

Working...
                X