Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Superpower Would You Choose?

Toying with an idea after I knock my next few scripts out. I won't go into details because I don't want to sway choice so just the simple question of which power you would choose. You only get one so choose wisely. And if you could please list your gender it would be a big help. Sound off!

P.S. The ability to fly for me.

Re: Which Superpower Would You Choose?

For fun, a clock-stopping power (if it can be considered a super-power), per films such as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockstoppers

But more practically, a Wolverine-like healing power. I don't especially like the character (Wolverine), but I have to admit, a universal healing power would improve quality of life more than anything else would.

Comment

The United States.

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
        The United States.
        The correct answer was China.

EDIT: Meant to be taken as a joke, no political intention.

Comment

There's a cracked video that talks about this and the flaws of certain superpowers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNbeyRwT8Uo

Flying: You can break your legs whilst landing. By the one superpower rule, you're only allowed to fly as fast as you can run (since you have no super speed). Fly too high, you'll pass out from lack of oxygen. Too low and you're just a slow moving target for people to shoot down.

Wolverine's healing powers: You're technically immortal, which means if you get trapped somewhere like a deep chasm, you're stuck there forever.

The ability to stop time is actually the preferred choice.

For me: the power to travel through time and space. Knowing how your life will turn out and the outcome of your choices is a huge plus. You can also make a fortune and access technologies and medicines that have yet to be invented.

Comment

The problem with time travel is that it becomes very complicated. Paradoxes, altering the future and pre-determinism make it a mine field of plot holes.

Comment

Invisibility, then I'd live life as an assassin.

Comment

Teleportation. I'd be the best pizza deliverer the world has ever seen.
                On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

X-rated vision.

Comment

Originally posted by jmpowell7 View Post
                    X-rated vision.
                    I take that to mean seeing through clothes, right? :P

Comment

What One Man Chose...

...in an old film, (slightly abridged):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1iHe42UCCo
                      JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Definitely teleporting. Screw LA traffic from now on.
                        Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by TheConnorNoden View Post
                          The problem with time travel is that it becomes very complicated. Paradoxes, altering the future and pre-determinism make it a mine field of plot holes.
                          Unless you can create a world with rules that supports it.

You've got to keep up with current theories on time travel, black holes, worm holes, and the such, when it comes to time travel-- Orci and Kurtzman did a really good job with Star Trek.

Jeff Goldsmith has a good interview with them (I think it was that interview).

FA4
                          Last edited by finalact4; 04-02-2013, 09:40 PM.
                          "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist,- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                            Invisibility, then I'd live life as an assassin.
                            The H.G. Welles novel points out some of the limitations of this ability, assuming it doesn't extend to clothing and footwear (and there's no reason why it would, other than the cheat that the power is "magic" in the first place).

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post
                              Wolverine's healing powers: You're technically immortal, which means if you get trapped somewhere like a deep chasm, you're stuck there forever.
                              See, I could never interpret Wolverine's powers that way. Unless we assume that they're metaphysical (which would just make him God, and there's no fun in that), then you have to construe at least some biological basis, and it makes most sense to take it as what it claims to be: an amazing healing power, an immune system on steroids x 1000.

Thus, even if he gets a bullet to the brain, he can heal. That makes a certain kind of sense.

But he can still die of starvation. The body still needs nourishment. Or asphyxiation. He still needs air.

Decapitate him and, what, the head and body would "live" separately? Without oxygen to the brain?

Sure, one could say it's a "magic" power, which answers any question, but I think that's too easy. What makes super-powers interesting are their limitations.

Comment

Working...
                              X