Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington Hospitals

If a World LEADER, visiting Washington and staying at BLAIR HOUSE, needed hospitalisation (BOMB BLAST)...

Which Hospital?

I've pencilled in Washington Memorial.

Good enough?
    sigpic

Bethesda Naval Hospital...

To my limited knowledge, the most secure medical center in the DC area would be the US Navy's Bethesda Hospital. That's where POTUS & other VIPs go for medical care.
    Walter Reed Army Medical Center(WRAC or USAWRAC) was a large military hospital in the DC area, but it was closed about 3 years ago.

EDIT: I just checked & the new military medical center is now called; Walter Reed Military Medical Center. It's in Bethesda MD. It's a mix of all US armed forces medical care.
    Another major, well respected medical center in the area is; Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore MD.
    The Mayo Clinic is also known for treating VIPs(MN) & Cleveland Ohio has some of the top healthcare units in the US.

Id add that Fort Detrick MD has the "Devils Workshop", a chemical & bio warfare lab; US Army Medical Research Command(near Washington DC) www.army.mil

Beefy
    I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

Washington Hospital: VIP Bomb Victim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing..._Center#ER_One

http://medstarwashington.org/body.cfm?id=19

http://medstarwashington.org/body.cfm?id=180

MedSTAR (Medical Shock/Trauma Acute Resuscitation) Transport, MedStar Washington Hospital Center's famous helicopter transport service, has air lifted more than 40,000 patients. Staffed round-the-clock with surgeons and medical flight staff specially trained in the complexities of trauma care, the MedSTAR program is consistently named one of the country's best Level I shock/trauma centers. The Hospital Center also is home to the region's only advanced adult burn facility, providing skilled care ranging from life-threatening burns with serious complications to minor household burns
      JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Re: Washington Hospitals

They took Reagan to George Washington University Hospital when he was shot. If you're going strictly by which one is probably closest to Blair House, either that or Georgetown

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, Guys. It's not a terribly important choice. Just one line of dialogue on a news broadcast. -- "Doctors at ???????????? are remaining optimistic."

Thanks.

Mark
          sigpic

Comment

If it's that insignificant, don't even mention the name of the hospital at all. Or, if the bomb attack specifically targeted the world leader, they might want to keep it secret where he's being treated anyway.
            "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Yes, GW (George Washington Hospital) is closest. Just a few blocks away. And if the bomb blast was an isolated/targeted thing, then that'd be the place. But if there might be more bombings aimed at gov't people/buildings, then it could make more sense to get him out of there.

"MedStar" in DC is thought of as the helicopter system and people. Apart from that, the news would report that "he was taken by MedStar to Washington Hospital Center" (no "the" before WHC, but if you want to use "the", that's OK). WHC is only a few miles away, but is on its own smallish campus of sorts (versus GW, which is directly on a busy city street). (You can check Google Maps.)

FYI, in the real world, to get from Blair House to Wash Hosp Center, you would not go by MedStar helicopter; it'd be by Secret Service SUV or ambulance. Sirens blaring, etc., it's 5 minutes.

As for Walter Reed, that's maybe 10 miles away and on a huge campus. I don't know that that would make medical or security sense in the real world, but it's entirely plausible and in a movie it's quite credible.

If at some point you'd like the newscaster's dialogue checked, I'd be happy to take a look. Just PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain Weck View Post
                I've pencilled in Washington Memorial.
                In any other US city, that might work. But if a newscaster in a movie said, "He was taken to Washington Memorial," in a theater in Washington, DC, people would chuckle.

In Washington, anything "memorial" is a stone monument. While the memorial to George Washington is called the "Washington Monument" (though tourists sometimes get that wrong), there's the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, FDR Memorial... IOW, "memorial" is effectively a reserved word.

(There is a Sibley Memorial Hosp., but that was founded in 1890 - before all of the political "Memorials" were built.)
                Manchester
                Last edited by Manchester; 07-22-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

GW, Georgetown, Sibley and even Suburban are all acceptable (I used to be an EMT in DC).
                  "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

open source....

It's not a national security issue & it's what some call open source, but the US Secret Service & armed forces have plans or sites set-up for nearly every emergency or event nationwide.
                    A lot of these plans were in place or upgraded after 9/11/2001.
                    Hospitals, secured offices, landing strips, living quarters, etc are all spread out across CONUS(con United States).
                    I found out about one location about 10 years ago which is near where I live.

Beefy
                    I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

Working...
                    X