No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich sources of example faux pas, mishandling people

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for instances of interpersonal communication gone awry, that I can analyze for a blog about conversation and social skills. Both fictional and real-world sources are potentially useful.

Can you think of TV shows, movies, books, etc. that have many examples of faux pas, mishandling people, and conversational blunders?

Who knows, I might even try writing my own fictional dialogue based on such sources, but I'm hoping to find ready-to-use transcripts, stories, or audio.

Thanks very much for any sources you can think of!

Re: Rich sources of example faux pas, mishandling people

Googling instances of politicians screwing up on tv might be a rich source of material.

There'll be audio and text available too.

Comment

The Rosie Project -- which happens also to be easily one of the very best books I read last year. And I think is being adapted for the screen. And the Kindle version is apparently only $1.99 right now.
      "You have idea 1, you're excited. It flops. You have idea 99, you're excited. It flops.
      Only a fool is excited by the 100th idea. Fools keep trying. God rewards fools." --Martin Hellman, paraphrased

Comment

Mr. Bean is all about faux pas, and so are a lot of other comic characters who always do and say the wrong thing for comic effect.

Comment

Without question - Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Comment

Working...
          X