Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevator controls

In a five or six story office building (older building), where is the external control panel where someone could start or stop the elevator? Is it possible that the person at the front desk (in the lobby) can access the controls right there?

Re: Elevator controls

Originally posted by Pasquali56 View Post
    In a five or six story office building (older building), where is the external control panel where someone could start or stop the elevator? Is it possible that the person at the front desk (in the lobby) can access the controls right there?

I know that they have one inside the elevator itself in those buildings in the form of a key that repairmen can turn while repairing the elevator. I am not aware of an external control honestly, specially in older buildings.
    "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
    SUBTITLED
    Episode 1 (Beef pills)
    Episode 2 (African commercial)
    Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

Re: Elevator controls

I used to work in property management, but the shortest building I helped manage was 12 floors. Every building we managed/owned had a different elevator operating system. You can give your fictional building whichever sort of system you want.

The newer systems are operated by software which can be run from a security desk computer in the lobby. The older systems are often run from the floor that contains the mechanics and "brain" of the system (usually a top floor or 2nd floor that is not for tenants, but is strictly a mechanical floor).

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X