Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombs used by Suicide bombers

Wow! You guys were so great with my previous question, perhaps someone can help me out with another.

Are there any experts out there that know what types of bombs and wiring a suicide bomber might use? In my script a suicide bomber sneaks a bomb onto a plane, but it gets disabled before he can use it. Is this plausable?

Re: Bombs used by Suicide bombers

Depends if you mean technically disabled or physically disabled as in 'The Shoe Bomber' who tried to set light to explosives in the heels of his shoes. As all transatlantic flights are of course non smoking this would kinda draw attention, and so the passengers were on to it fairly quickly. But you may be talking about an intelligent suicide bomber - wow a new oxymoron.

I'm sure others can come up with great links, just wanted to bump your post a little!
    http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wasn't the shoe bomber a Brit, though.....nuff said
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

I'm so not posting to this thread.

*paranoia*

Wait.. sh!t.
        My God, it's full of stars!

Comment

This article contains the answers to your question:
          http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,64177,00.html

--Kenn

http://www.kennhoekstra.com

Comment

Overheard at the Suicide Bomber Training Course at Al Queda University:

"Ok, pay attention, I'm only going to do this once."

Comment

I reckon the bomb material is a constant in that it's really gotta be some form of plastic explosive to get through security. Probably moulded into something that looks nothing like a typical bomb.

The fuse is the difficult bit. Security would probably pick up electric wiring on x ray. Hence the shoe bomber trying to manually set fire to his bomb. Therefore if you can't get a fuse aboard then the issue is what sort of damage to the actual body of the bomb would be sufficient to negate its potential.

None of the above is too controversial. It's all info in the public domain and obviously terrorists are always thinking of ways to beat the system but it's not of any help to them. Whilst you probably want to be inventive in your writing I don't really think you need to provide a more creative way to beat the system to nutcases.

Comment

Working...
              X