Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade In (version 3.0.639)

Version 3.0.639 of Fade In came out today. It is basically a minor update. It does, however, introduce word count and line count in Cast Reports. I regard this as a significant addition. It appears to me, though, that the word count is thrown off if you use a space before an ellipsis (...) or dash (whether hyphen, double hyphen, or true em-dash). I have sent a note to Kent about this. The ellipsis or dash gets counted as a word when a space precedes. This probably happens also when any letter/glyph has a space before it, but I did not check.

It appears that creation of a PDF still does not have the progress bar that we discussed earlier in regard to Fade In. This would be nice to have, but I regard it as mostly an aesthetic issue. The progress bar does appear if you use a PDF driver other than the one included in Fade In. However, you should use the built-in PDF driver, because it will automatically transfer any bookmarks to your PDF. Having bookmarks for Scene Headings means that you can have an outline of scenes in your PDF.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
    It appears that creation of a PDF still does not have the progress bar that we discussed earlier in regard to Fade In. This would be nice to have, but I regard it as mostly an aesthetic issue. The progress bar does appear if you use a PDF driver other than the one included in Fade In. However, you should use the built-in PDF driver, because it will automatically transfer any bookmarks to your PDF. Having bookmarks for Scene Headings means that you can have an outline of scenes in your PDF.
    I'm trying to figure out why this is a big deal. On my (slow) Linux laptop computer presently in use, Fade In Pro creates a PDF of a full length screenplay in about 3-4 seconds (I used Big Fish as a test because you can download it from Fountain.io) — it would be nice if there was a "Completed" message. For comparison, Trelby does this in about 1.5 seconds, Wrap about one second, 'Afterwriting and Screenplain take about 3 seconds, Kit Scenarist about 10 seconds, and WriterSolo about 9 seconds. (These were "1000 one" counts, so not that accurate.)
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

The PDF Progress Bar is not a big deal. The PDF creation is really fast. It is always just fun to watch the creation, especially if it takes more than a couple of seconds. But it is not something that I worry about at all.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Working...
      X