Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acooljt View Post

Anyway, Bono, it’s $15/month but I believe it is billed annually so you have to shell out for the first year up front, not just a month’s worth. I think that’s what I read anyway.
    You are correct 180 for the year -- 15 per month. Not bad actually for all the classes. I thought it would be like 50 bucks per class type of deal.

I saw this on the website:

Our goal is to make sure that you have the best learning experience possible. If MasterClass isn’t for you, then email us within 30 days of the date you purchase your subscription, and we’ll offer a full refund.

Now I don't know how that works in practice as I've never used the service. But if you read between the lines that is a FREE TRIAL in a way...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

Top right corner, your handle ACCOLJT sould be in the corner, underneath that is a drop down menu if you click on it are USER SETTINGS. Go to ACCOUNT and way down is an IGNORE LIST to add USER NAMES. I've added people on and off for years. I'm sure on a few lists myself. It's just better for some people NOT to see my dumb posts, then I hope they do it and vice versa.

Mine is currently empty as I enjoy the pain.
      Thanks! I wish Amazon Studios had an ignore list, back when "Voltar" was posting there under a different handle. Right, Andrew?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell McLean View Post

Thanks! I wish Amazon Studios had an ignore list, back when "Voltar" was posting there under a different handle. Right, Andrew?
        I didn't know Amazon Studios had a forum at all. But this is some good backstory!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell McLean View Post

Hi. Yes.

"Homeland" won an Emmy, I was trying to pitch Roy Price a series similar to "Homeland."

Homeland: won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series for this season. The original broadcast of the pilot episode on October 2, 2011 received 1.08 million viewers, becoming Showtime's highest-rated drama premiere in eight years (end)

They filmed on location. During the break, the producers invited former CIA agents and any active CIA personnel who would attend to a Writers' Summit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9-hC-I77vA

Someone on the Forum didn't want an honest approach to those stories. First season was about a terrorist who captured an American soldier (part of a Marine sniper team) and tortured him, then converted him to I***m. That was the whole point of the suicide vest. Roy Price talked about putting resources into programs that would "move the needle" and at that point it time "Homeland" was the ONLY show doing that.

After Roy Price was fired, I asked Amazon and they said, "You were right. Sorry." Lasted for a few months before Jennifer Salke erased all 20,000 projects and said Amazon Studios was no longer accepting open submissions. They reviewed maybe 20 of my projects before that happened.

Why was I right? Because Amazon bought the rights to Tom Clancy and is doing their own version of "Homeland" using the title "Jack Ryan." Doing exactly what I pitched to Roy Price and one angry person didn't like.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainmen...ypes-1.4790712

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/the-...cy-s-jack-ryan

Do you want to know what Amazon Studios wants to buy this year? Get part of that $8 billion they spend every year? IP using the tropes of science fiction from the 1950's. Female-driven comedies.

VoltarReturns is from a script title. Pretty obvious it's not my name.

So, back to MasterClass. There are some video clips of "The West Wing" on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvb1e4-YgRE

POTUS: "Say it again. Your imagination like a child will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Seaborn: "No, it's great. Mind if I change it?"
          "I don't want to step on your toes. You don't want to step on mine. We're both writers."
          "Yes, if we broaden the definition to those who can spell."

C.J.: "I strongly urge you, Mr. President, to pass the questions on to the experts instead of answering them yourself."
          POTUS: "I converted it to Celsius in my head."

And maybe my favorite Sorkin line

C.J.: "I can't believe they gave you people drivers' licenses." (With a bit of Southern accent on the second half.) (Referencing a Beltway controversy about "you people" who loved The Beatles)
          Last edited by VoltarReturns; 01-14-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X