Recommendations (or otherwise) on the ISA site?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations (or otherwise) on the ISA site?

Hi all, anyone had any experience with ISA - good, bad or indifferent?
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

What is ISA?

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

It is the International Screenwriters' Association. It's been around since 2008. They are sort of a combination of InkTip and say, ScreenCraft to some degree or another.

Writers can put their scripts on the site to be searched for by producers, reps, etc., and production companies & producers can list "Want Ads" for scripts which subscribers to their site can then submit their scripts for. I think it's safe to say it's for low option sums and buy outs.

I haven't used it as a "writer" but I have used it to help a director/producer I have worked with over the past few years to look for projects to possibly make. For any given ad I've run, I've probably received on average around 300 queries/submissions. Sometimes a little more. And as it goes with the industry in general, script contests, etc. it's a very small percent that are good enough to even pass on to him -- on average around 5 or so per gig.

I will say this with all due respect to their site's efforts & a few other sites of this nature, but there are not really major players on there/them looking for studio or network/streaming projects. It's small companies and indie filmmakers for the most part looking for stuff, which for quite a few writers is probably the best scenario since their writing is more on par with what the filmmakers capabilities really are creatively and financially. And by looking at the site's current gig list, it appears that on average there are approximately three "want ads" a week.

It's $10/month as I recall. (Free for filmmakers & producers.) If someone has script that fits the lower budget world or you might have a few projects that fit nicely into that space -- limited cast, a few locations, genre driven in many cases (horror, thriller, comedy, etc.) AND you have the money, it might be worth a try for a couple of months to see any of the gigs listed are worth applying to for you.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Thanks for all the good info, Will! 🙂

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Thanks for the response.
          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X