Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script PIMP database

Good, bad, indifferent? Worth the money?

Any opinions are appreciated.

Kat

Re: Script PIMP database

Originally posted by KYares View Post
    Good, bad, indifferent? Worth the money?

Any opinions are appreciated.

Kat
    I would say that it's probably more worthwhile to take out a sub to IMDB or if you are feeling flush, HCD + DoneDealPro or Moviebytes.com (both approximately the same price but offer different persk).

I went with ScriptPIMP initially and used them to submit queries. It's easy because you type everything once (synopsis, logline, location of script) and hit send...and send...and send... Plus, you can search for companies that are technically looking for what you want and make sure you're only querying companies that are open to New Writers or open to what you want.

I haven't had much luck, don't know anyone else who may have. I haven't used them since I bought a sub to IMDB and used that to trace e mails etc. And furthermore, I didn't get any read requests via ScriptPimp but equeries, using research from a combined number of sources has been somewhat effective.

The system is also annoying in that it doesn't make it easy for you to delete your queries. So if you've queried like 150 companies, you have to one by one delete each of those queries after they have expired.

However, this may be different in the case of those who's scripts have been given the ScriptPIMP Recommend.

MYD

Comment

Re: Script PIMP database

I've found their database to be essentially worthless. Companies are in there that no longer even exist.

And their query function -- equally worthless.

Not worth the money, not at all.

Comment

Working...
      X