No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Script Express

http://www.hollywoodscriptexpress.com/

Under new ownership.....sounds veddy British!
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Re: Hollywood Script Express

Sounds very 90s too.

Does anyone regularly send out paper anymore?

Comment

Correct! We are British!

Just thought you'd like to know that after many months of work we have just re-launched the new and improved service that not only offers script submission but also a powerful suite of tools for the screenwriter including contact managment, copyright registration, submission tracking and reminders, visual stats, response logging and feedback management.

You can register for free here:
      http://www.hollywoodscriptexpress.com/register.aspx

The press release can be viewed here:
      http://www.hollywoodscriptexpress.com/releases/240409.html

Best,

Dan
      CEO, Movie Outline Software / Hollywood Script Express

Comment

Only the Library of Congress can issue a copyright. You might be offering a registration service like the WGA but it's misguiding to call it a copyright...unless you are registering the script through the Library of Congress for the writer.

Brits!

Comment

Originally posted by movieoutline View Post
          Correct! We are British!

Just thought you'd like to know that after many months of work we have just re-launched the new and improved service that not only offers script submission but also a powerful suite of tools for the screenwriter including contact managment, copyright registration, submission tracking and reminders, visual stats, response logging and feedback management.

You can register for free here:
          http://www.hollywoodscriptexpress.com/register.aspx

The press release can be viewed here:
          http://www.hollywoodscriptexpress.com/releases/240409.html

Best,

Dan
          CEO, Movie Outline Software / Hollywood Script Express
          You hiring?

Corona
          I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
          I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
            Only the Library of Congress can issue a copyright. You might be offering a registration service like the WGA but it's misguiding to call it a copyright...unless you are registering the script through the Library of Congress for the writer.

Brits!
            HEY!!! I'll have you know that we Brits invented copyright . . . or am I thinking of tennis?

Seriously though, I don't think copyrighting your work depends on registering it with the Library of Congress.
            A lovely being, scarcely formed or moulded,
            A rose with all its sweetest leaves yet folded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Q View Post
              Seriously though, I don't think copyrighting your work depends on registering it with the Library of Congress.
              You're right, your work is copywritten the moment you write it. The problem is, if you ever need to prove it in a court of law, you better have it registered with the copyright office to establish date.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post

Brits!

The copyright certificate of ownership that congress issues is presumptive evidence that you own the copyright in the work. It's essential to have this before you file a lawsuit.

As you know, you have copyright already, it's arises automatically.

Hollywood Script Express appear to be providing a digital stamp.

The WGA has a similar scheme. You'd have to compare the two.

As I understand it -- some writers register with the WGA, or similar, because unlike the Copyright Office, the document is not available to read by the public.

It's effectively a half way house -- they then choose to undertake full registration at a later date when they are ready to publish.

WGA reg. is also useful for treatments, story ideas, and other materials that are not normally eligible for copyright protection.

Brits and Yanks !

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 04-24-2009, 10:43 AM.
                Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

HEY!!! I'll have you know that we Brits invented copyright . . . or am I thinking of tennis?
                  It doesn't matter either way, since we invented Americans...
                  "Only nothing is impossible."
                  - Grant Morrison

Comment

You're wrong because this was all before we invented copyright. The English and Scots came up with the notion of Americans but the Irish and Italians stole the idea.

True story.
                    A lovely being, scarcely formed or moulded,
                    A rose with all its sweetest leaves yet folded.

Comment

You're wrong because this was all before we invented copyright. The English and Scots came up with the notion of Americans but the Irish and Italians stole the idea.

True story.
                      And nobody wishes to mention the Dutch (who founded what we know as NYC), the Swedish, the French and the Spanish?

Also, don't let's forget to say "thank you" to the Vikings who actually discovered America!

Let's say, the Europeans came up with the notion of Americans... Looking at what Europe has turned into by now, one'd feel more than happy about calling North America "the New Europe" (along the lines of NYC, et al)...

Comment

Working...
                      X