Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best feedback source?

As a newbie screenwriter but experienced producer, what is the best way to get productive feedback on a draft... is there a company that is best in breed for coverage?

Re: Best feedback source?

i've tried several, screenplay readers seems to be the best deal, anyone have other leads?

Comment

PAGE has good feedback.

Comment

As an experienced producer, you should have a trusted circle of knowledgeble friends to rely on for feedback -- no???
        "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Funny video I feel like sharing for no particular reason.

Comment

As I've said recently, Bart (Exthollywoodday, a well known presence on the boards) has given me very helpful notes at a reasonable price.

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

There's a lot of pro and con to read about in this forum.

With respect to Jeff's position, I think of paying for notes as trading a little money for a lot of time. I tried writer's groups, and I tried blind-submitting. Neither gave me timely feedback, or consistently useful feedback.

Of course, NuVue... if in your travels as a producer you made friends with some good screenwriters, perhaps you have a better circle of talented friends to tap than the average person.

Comment

thanks for the tips, in my experience-- it is great to have an anonymous source(s) look at the material, before you show it to your circle.

Comment

You must mean sources who don't know you... personally when I look for a reading company the last thing I want is anonymity.

I like to know who my analyst is, where he/she has worked, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the two great leads! I'll try Bart, since you all seem to have rave reviews.

Comment

I'll look forward to hearing from you, NuVue...

[email protected]

(Boy, that sorta tells you how long ago I started the service, doesn't it? )

Thanks for the plugs, Pardack. You're a good egg.
                    - - - - - - -
                    Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

My writing partner, hands down.

Comment

Re: Best feedback source? Could be Bart!

Bart= Lighting speed turnaround, honest succinct notes, follow up help with clarification, great instincts for character and plot. Moreover, not your typical coverage report-- a more writer-friendly-style service, geared towards helping with subsequent drafts. Recommend.

Comment

Working...
                        X