The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

    I concur. Excellent service.

    Professional, quick, clear, concise, and cheap.

    I had a draft of a script I've been working on go out to my reps last week. They came back with mixed opinions. Basically, there were some problems - mainly plot/logic related stuff. The kind of stuff I already suspected was there, but couldn't quite put a finger on.

    Evil not only picked them up instantly, he offered up solid and practical suggestions on how to fix them. He also expanded on how to make the good parts, even better. He really got under the hood and snooped around. He delved deep into my script and came up with some really fantastic ideas and suggestions. He said it like it was. No BS.

    Needless to say, I'm now a true believer. My writing process will always have The Screenplay Mechanic's input factored in to my overall strategy.

    Anyone still on the fence about using - don't be. The dude really does know what he's doing. Freakishly so.
    @TerranceMulloy

    Comment


    • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

      I have a few openings next week. Snag 'em before Script Shark does.
      .
      sigpic
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      10,000+ Screenplays
      DD Thread Facebook
      [email protected]

      Comment


      • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

        "*DD Discount: coverage for $65*"

        At your Website, I don't see how one obtains this discount.



        In this day and age ... most of the scripts are so sh**ty and stupid and superficial. -- Melanie Griffith

        Comment


        • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

          Originally posted by Dennisss View Post
          "*DD Discount: coverage for $65*"

          At your Website, I don't see how one obtains this discount.
          To get the discount, you just paypal whatever amount directly to [email protected]

          If you have any other questions, just shoot me an email at the same address. I'm now taking reservations for the week of April 26th...
          .
          sigpic
          NOTES / COVERAGE
          10,000+ Screenplays
          DD Thread Facebook
          [email protected]

          Comment


          • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

            I should add that coverage minus a synopsis is only $55 for my fellow DD'ers.
            .
            sigpic
            NOTES / COVERAGE
            10,000+ Screenplays
            DD Thread Facebook
            [email protected]

            Comment


            • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

              Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
              I should add that coverage minus a synopsis is only $55 for my fellow DD'ers.
              Is it immoral to submit a script to the mechanic, and if he gave you a consider, to resubmit it through scriptshark, asking for him again, getting the consider and then benefiting form their marketing? This question is so dramatic I may use it as a theme in a screenplay. Will have to change you into a serial killer in it though sorry, Andy. If this question is to explosive lmk and I'll delete it
              It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

              Comment


              • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                Originally posted by Jules View Post
                Is it immoral to submit a script to the mechanic, and if he gave you a consider, to resubmit it through scriptshark, asking for him again, getting the consider and then benefiting form their marketing? This question is so dramatic I may use it as a theme in a screenplay. Will have to change you into a serial killer in it though sorry, Andy. If this question is to explosive lmk and I'll delete it
                It's not immoral at all because it's happened before. If I give you a consider through my "company," why wouldn't I give you a consider through Script Shark? You can write, right?
                .
                sigpic
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                10,000+ Screenplays
                DD Thread Facebook
                [email protected]

                Comment


                • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                  I'm not very good at it to be honest. I spend most of the time wondering which word goes before the other.
                  It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

                  Comment


                  • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                    Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                    It's not immoral at all because it's happened before.
                    Busted.

                    Comment


                    • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                      Originally posted by niwa View Post
                      Busted.
                      Uh oh. You see what you started?!
                      .
                      sigpic
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      10,000+ Screenplays
                      DD Thread Facebook
                      [email protected]

                      Comment


                      • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                        Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                        Uh oh. You see what you started?!
                        I'll jump in on this. And, no, I didn't attend:

                        Pot Protest

                        Comment


                        • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                          I am tempted to submit my "Best Horror for 2010" screenplay for your service.

                          Just one question -- Do you share scripts with other forum members? Like if someone on this board goes with your service on their script, and someone else asks to look at that script... for example. Or is it all under some sort of Confidentiality agreement?

                          Comment


                          • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                            Originally posted by Tsinogatorp Eht View Post
                            I am tempted to submit my "Best Horror for 2010" screenplay for your service.

                            Just one question -- Do you share scripts with other forum members? Like if someone on this board goes with your service on their script, and someone else asks to look at that script... for example. Or is it all under some sort of Confidentiality agreement?
                            You mean another writer?

                            Ha ha! I anxiously await the response to this! (I'm sure it's "no sharing, ever") And I have to hope it's true of anybody doing this "reading for service", or else we're in trouble.

                            Now, if we're talking Manager/Agent --

                            Only after asking the writer first or, better yet, asking the writer if his/her email can be passed on to the Manager/Agent.

                            That's the protocol I would appreciate, but not expect, resulting from anything I've ever submitted.

                            Comment


                            • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                              No. I don't share scripts with other writers. I keep the coverage confidential too.

                              If I love a script, I may pass it on to producers, managers or directors I know, but not before contacting the writer first. One such project looks likely to go into production this summer.
                              .
                              sigpic
                              NOTES / COVERAGE
                              10,000+ Screenplays
                              DD Thread Facebook
                              [email protected]

                              Comment


                              • Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

                                I would like to add my endorsement. Andrew picked up on a couple of issues (with my script) that numerous other readers had missed and the turn around was fast. I'll be back
                                Frustrated? Click here for help:

                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X