X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

-
    Last edited by TheCleaner; 03-02-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Got great coverage, plenty for me to work with but plenty identified as strengths.

I'll be using Andrew's service for the next draft.

RECOMMEND

Comment

Gift certificates are available if anyone's been procrastinating on their Christmas shopping or needs ideas for stocking-stuffers!

The Mechanic's Facebook Page: Gift Certificate

Also, I'm beginning to take reservations for January so plan ahead...
        NOTES / COVERAGE
        15,000+ Screenplays
        [email protected]

Comment

Just wanted to add in my "recommend" for the Mechanic. I should also thank the DD'ers who helped me to improve act 1 before sending it to him.

Next year I'm hoping for a golden lugnut to display on my mantel. (Guess I'll have to buy a mantel...)

Comment

Andrew, you should totally give shiny gleaming golden lugnuts next year to the ten scripts. That would be awesome.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
              Andrew, you should totally give shiny gleaming golden lugnuts next year to the ten scripts. That would be awesome.
              That's funny because the idea actually occurred to me! But I already felt guilty of a little hubris to create my own list anyway. I'm a humble dude, I was just looking to get some extra attention for a handful of talented DD'ers.

Maybe next year...
              NOTES / COVERAGE
              15,000+ Screenplays
              [email protected]

Comment

Just wanted to add my two cents. I sent in two scripts, one in very good shape, one in very rough shape. In both cases, his notes were spot on, his insights very helpful. You get a lot more than you pay for here. And as everyone has commented - he's a superb dude.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
                  Andrew-

If I knew you were giving away your gold lugnuts, I'd work even harder this year.
                  If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                  Dave Barry

Comment

Very interesting! I'm new here, so this is first I've seen of this, but it's exactly what I hoped to find in coming here. I'll email the website el pronto.

Comment

Count me in as another uber-satisfied customer...recently rec'd coverage from The Mechanic after writing my first thriller...and words can't express how much his insight is helping me get this to be the very best it can be.

Highly, highly recommended!

Comment

Just got back my coverage, and he articulated a couple of issues with it. Stuff I didn't want to look at, but I'm going to have to. Good stuff from the Mechanic.

HH

Comment

The mechanic covered my first screenplay and lived up to the hype as an invaluable resource.

C'mon.. anyone still following this thread really need more convincing? If you're serious about your material - pay the man.

Comment

Just received his coverage this week and was very pleased. Great suggestions and insights to help take my script to the next level. Recommends The Mechanic!

Comment

Thanks to the Mechanic and his awesome notes/coverage/suggestions, I was able to get my script into the best condition possible.

And this past week, I've has great success querying and have it out to about 15 management companies, many of them high profile...so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

You'd be crazy not to have him look at your script before sending it out.

Peer to peer notes are helpful, but having the opinion of a professional, someone in the business who can assess what scripts deserve exposure, is what puts him at the head of the line.

Comment

I'd like to add my voice to the growing chorus.

I had the Mechanic do development notes and I can't tell you how insightful the feedback was. I knew I had a few issues that I had to deal with and Andrew cleared away the brush and gave me a clear path to making my work better.

Believe the hype. He's worth twice what he charges.

Comment

Working...
                                X