X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Originally posted by DayJobWriter View Post
    There's something I've wondered for years: in terms of your screen name, are you an Evil Robot... or an Evil Rabbit?
    I once fixed-up an old VW, an '84 Rabbit GTI. The most fun car you could ever drive. The license plate was EvilRbt. That's also where the mechanic theme of my website came from.
    sigpic
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    10,000+ Screenplays
    DD Thread Facebook
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by anxt View Post
      I just want to let everybody know that Drew not only gives excellent notes, he is honest to the core. I recently paid for "full development notes;" Drew said the script was already in good enough shape, that full development notes was "overkill," and refunded $75 of my money. All without being asked. He could have tacked another couple of pages of fluff onto his notes and pocketed the extra cash, but he did the decent thing and only charged for actual analysis. I just wanted to put that out there.
      Thank you for this. Some people (even some DD'ers) rail against paid readers as snake oil salesmen. I know from experience that I've helped hundreds, if not thousands of writers become better at their craft and strengthen their material. If I was looking to exploit writers and take their money, I'd become a manager. Just kidding, manager friends!
      sigpic
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      10,000+ Screenplays
      DD Thread Facebook
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
        I once fixed-up an old VW, an '84 Rabbit GTI. The most fun car you could ever drive. The license plate was EvilRbt. That's also where the mechanic theme of my website came from.
        Love it! And the mechanic theme is cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
          Love it! And the mechanic theme is cool!
          Thank you.
          sigpic
          NOTES / COVERAGE
          10,000+ Screenplays
          DD Thread Facebook
          [email protected]

Comment

I wanted to post about my great experience with Andrew. I originally wanted him to check out a pilot, but didn't have it ready in time, so I asked him if I could send in a feature instead. He was completely cool with that and sent it in to him last night. Got my notes back this afternoon and they were really incredible. The guy knows his stuff and if you're in need of some fresh eyes, he's definitely the person to go to. Thank you, Andrew!

Comment

All this time I thought it was robot. My world is shaken!

Comment

Many people have asked if I've quit reading in the wake of my latest project announcement ("The Guns Of Christmas Past"). To be clear, I'm still reading full-time, at least until production (which is planned for this fall/winter).

So if you want me to read your material (TV or film), shoot me an email and make a reservation. I'm currently taking reservations for September.

[email protected]

sigpic
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                10,000+ Screenplays
                DD Thread Facebook
                [email protected]

Comment

Many people have asked if I've quit reading in the wake of my latest project announcement ("The Guns Of Christmas Past"). To be clear, I'm still reading full-time, at least until production (which is planned for this fall/winter).

So if you want me to read your material (TV or film), shoot me an email and make a reservation. I'm currently taking reservations for September.

[email protected]

And SM's feedback hasn't become jaded by his success , It's still spot on, invaluable and swift!!! Highly recommended!!! (And I'm averse to exclamation points.)

Although the "I could have written this script while waiting in line at Starbucks" comment seemed a bit unnecessary... Really, Drew.
                  Last edited by Ire; 08-16-2014, 05:24 PM.
                  #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by Ire View Post
                    Although the "I could have written this script while waiting in line at Starbucks" comment seemed a bit unnecessary... Really, Drew.
                    LMAO. In your defense, sometimes the lines at my Starbucks are really long.
                    sigpic
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    10,000+ Screenplays
                    DD Thread Facebook
                    [email protected]

Comment

FYI... The Guns Of Christmas Past is casting. Really hoping the actor we're out to for the lead says "yes" and it can be announced soon.

In the meantime, I'm still reading and taking reservations for November.
                      sigpic
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      10,000+ Screenplays
                      DD Thread Facebook
                      [email protected]

Comment

December has historically been the slowest month of the year for submissions, so I'm offering a 10% discount to DD'ers for anyone who makes a reservation (no deposit required). Just shoot me an email at [email protected] and pick any date in December...

This may well be the last year I do the Lugnut List too, and any submissions in December are eligible to make my annual Top 10.
                        sigpic
                        NOTES / COVERAGE
                        10,000+ Screenplays
                        DD Thread Facebook
                        [email protected]

Comment

If anyone wants to get on my schedule, wait time is only 2 weeks right now.

Still offering a December discount of 10%.

Shoot me an email to reserve a spot (no deposit required).
                          sigpic
                          NOTES / COVERAGE
                          10,000+ Screenplays
                          DD Thread Facebook
                          [email protected]

Comment

I frequently field questions about the status of my own projects. Here's a recent announcement for BULLET RUN:

http://www.thewrap.com/voltage-hires...run-exclusive/

In reality, this rewrite is finished and the script is currently out to directors. I read it this weekend and Jonathan did a solid job of implementing the new storyline the producers wanted (they asked me to write it for free but I was burned out after years on the project).
                            sigpic
                            NOTES / COVERAGE
                            10,000+ Screenplays
                            DD Thread Facebook
                            [email protected]

Comment

Just want to say thank you to Andrew for all the help and advice he has given me. I've sent him three different scripts over the past few years and his feedback and analysis has always been spot on. He was articulate and encouraging and helped to guide my growth. Also, he gets back to you so quickly!

Thanks Drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Klazart View Post
                                Just want to say thank you to Andrew for all the help and advice he has given me. I've sent him three different scripts over the past few years and his feedback and analysis has always been spot on. He was articulate and encouraging and helped to guide my growth. Also, he gets back to you so quickly!

Thanks Drew.
                                No, thank YOU for the kind words. There's no better feeling than when clients tell me I've helped contribute to their growth as a writer. It's humbling.
                                sigpic
                                NOTES / COVERAGE
                                10,000+ Screenplays
                                DD Thread Facebook
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X