This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

It's coming... maybe after sundance 2010 it will start pumping again!

JI

Comment

I did my part!
      If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
      Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
        I did my part!
        And I enjoyed immensely. Now get cracking on the rewrite.
        NOTES / COVERAGE
        15,000+ Screenplays
        [email protected]

Comment

I'll probably have one for you by end of Feb.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
            Rabbit hater.
            After reading this I can't seem to get the Buffy musical episode out of my head. You know, the one where Anya sings about her hate of Bunnies... "Bunnies, bunnies it must be bunnies!"

I'll get you to cover my first script just as soon as I've umm.... finished it. Perhaps a little less time in front of the TV...

Congrats on Lost Patrol too

Comment

So, I've used The Mechanic's services twice, both for the same script. The first time it was in need of a rewrite, and his notes and insight helped immensely in how it was reshaped for the second draft, which "has real potential".

The best compliment I can give, is his criticisms were undeniable. I like to argue, especially if you've got a dissenting opinion about something I've written. Though, I like to think I'm able to tell when someone is genuinely right. And he was genuinely right.

Comment

Originally posted by teeman View Post
                So, I've used The Mechanic's services twice, both for the same script. The first time it was in need of a rewrite, and his notes and insight helped immensely in how it was reshaped for the second draft, which "has real potential".

The best compliment I can give, is his criticisms were undeniable. I like to argue, especially if you've got a dissenting opinion about something I've written. Though, I like to think I'm able to tell when someone is genuinely right. And he was genuinely right.
                Thanks, Teeman. I think you did a great job with the rewrite. Some writers, upon receiving notes, go for the quick-fix and only address specific flaws that are pointed out. In doing so, they fail to see the big picture and learn in the process. They simply want that elusive "consider." Other writers recognize the broader concept of what they need to do with their story and knock it out of the park. You're in the latter camp. So kudos on a job well done.
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

@ERbt: Draft is definitely coming this weekend. Just need to give it one more read through. I got notes from a filmmaker friend so it took a few extra days. Think you'll be pleased... (You got the paypal payment, right?)

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
                    @ERbt: Draft is definitely coming this weekend. Just need to give it one more read through. I got notes from a filmmaker friend so it took a few extra days. Think you'll be pleased... (You got the paypal payment, right?)
                    I'm ready when you are, Hans. (Yeah, I received the paypal. Thanks!)
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

I have jury duty this week, but I'll be working in the evenings and I have a couple more spots left.
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

My writing partner and I used the mechanic's services recently after searching for a long while for the right coverage. I used a much more expensive service about a year ago, and found the results to be similar, yet actually better from the mechanic! He provided a detailed rundown of what worked and what didn't. And--

Had a very quick turnaround, and professional, yet personal replies. The mechanic or Evil, really got every aspect of our script, even the hidden meaning-subtext, and also pointed out a few things that could be fixed.

And of course, when we stepped back and really took a good look at it, we realized he was spot on! So we corrected them, and the script is that much better because of it! EXACTLY what we needed.

I mean really EXCELLENT service all around and definitely worth the very generous price, and he'll be my go-to guy from now on - until he gets too big .

Thanks again Andrew, and good luck with THE LOST PATROL and your other endeavors!

-Logan
                        Last edited by S.T.0; 01-30-2010, 06:42 AM. Reason: uh dur!

Comment

You get paid for Jury Duty in america?
                          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Thanks, S.T.O., for those crazy-kind words!
                            NOTES / COVERAGE
                            15,000+ Screenplays
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                              You get paid for Jury Duty in america?
                              In California, it's $15 per day starting Day 2 of service. Some employees are paid by their employer for a specified number of days, or unlimited.

I was on-call all week then had to go to court on Friday. I was nearly selected for a month-long gang double-murder trial, but I'm self-employed so taking more than a couple of days off really hurts me financially.

The judge tried to argue that I could do my 8-10 hours of reading/coverage each day AFTER sitting on a jury from 10-4. Without saying anything to be held in contempt, I conveyed that she was insane. I can't even stress how close I came to being selected for the jury and it probably would have bankrupted me. I shouldn't of worn a damn tie.
                              NOTES / COVERAGE
                              15,000+ Screenplays
                              [email protected]

Comment

I had a Bank Fraud trial at L.A. Central, parked in a razor-wired parking lot, rode to the courthouse in a barred window bus. Put the guy away (think a black-haired Sidney Greenstreet type ), only to see him show up waiting in the ticket line for "Dances With Wolves" a couple months later. Made me feel real safe...I tried to avoid all eye contact.

QUESTION: With the PAGE and TrackingB TV contests coming up, do you do 60pps. 1-Hour TV PILOT reads as well? And if so, should we contact you directly for rates? Or doyahwanna post some right here for thoz how might be in'trested? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X