• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Originally posted by tony6pack View Post
    Hey Andrew, how's it going?

Do you like to read horror screenplays?

Have you done a lot of coverage in the horror genre in the past?
    I've read/covered every genre. Specifically horror? Several hundred I imagine. Sure, I like reading horror... if it's a good story.
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Comment

Turnaround time is down to 7 days. Hasn't been that way in over a year!

Did everyone stop writing all of a sudden? Next Wednesday onwards is wide-open. Even Script Shark seems slow right now. Heck, I might even get some of my own writing done!
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      15,000+ Screenplays
      [email protected]

Comment

Yep, we all quit. I mean, why bother? Right?

Comment

Originally posted by LeadSolo View Post
          Yep, we all quit. I mean, why bother? Right?
          Excellent. Now once I crank out a new spec there will be zero competition!

Anything new with you? I wish you could make "GH" for $5m or less. I've been asked if I know of any such projects by several outfits lately. I did pass it onto one of the Bullet Run producers, primarily as a sample, but haven't heard their reaction yet. I haven't forgotten about you...
          NOTES / COVERAGE
          15,000+ Screenplays
          [email protected]

Comment

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
              Heck, I might even get some of my own writing done!
              Don't do that! If you do too well on your own, we'd lose a great reader. I'm rooting for you, but only moderately...

Comment

Originally posted by trabaris View Post
                Don't do that! If you do too well on your own, we'd lose a great reader. I'm rooting for you, but only moderately...
                Funny you say that, Kevin. When I worked at Fox, a senior exec told me "We're never going to buy anything you write because we don't want to lose our best reader." He was only half-joking...
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

I too have felt a similar sentiment. Although I've never used your service, based on the glowing feedback you get round these parts, I intend to once I have a feature script I feel happy about.

However, I keep fearing your career will take off in such a manner that you'll stop doing this before I get a chance.
                  "Only nothing is impossible."
                  - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post

However, I keep fearing your career will take off in such a manner that you'll stop doing this before I get a chance.
                    I honestly don't get much writing done myself these days, as I spend most of my time working with other writers and focusing on the projects I have set up (some I wrote, some I'm attached as producer). If THE LOST PATROL goes into production in the next 6 months, then I may do less reading but I can't see me completely giving it up until deep into next year. Also, everything depends on Norrington's next draft. If it's ready to shoot, Legendary may jump right into production. If it needs more work, then he might go off and shoot THE CROW first, delaying LP by who knows how long.

So, in short, nobody need worry about me going anywhere for the near future.
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

Personally, I'd prefer you get some projects rolling and are "forced" to leave the reading world...

Comment

Originally posted by LeadSolo View Post
                        Personally, I'd prefer you get some projects rolling and are "forced" to leave the reading world...
                        Me too! (BTW, I just sent you an email)
                        NOTES / COVERAGE
                        15,000+ Screenplays
                        [email protected]

Comment

*my first post!*

I know it is selfish...*I admit it * but I am very glad that you will be around still in the timeframe that I will have drafts completed.

I am genuinely looking forward to your feedback (good, bad or indifferent) in the very near future.

Comment

Good.
                            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

After reading so many glowing things about AH's service I decided to test the waters. One script I sent him didn't have a lot of polish on it yet, and I knew where some weaknesses were.

He smoked them all out.

Then, and this is what I was hoping for, he had a fresh perspective on what I could do for a redraft that I doubt I would have considered otherwise. I might have said you can't buy this kind of feedback, but apparently you can.

RECOMMEND.

Comment

I'm very happy with my experience with the Screenplay Mechanic. I got the basic coverage package on a "finished" screenplay, and EvilRbt suggested a couple of excellent changes that should punch it up quite a bit, plus gave me a really good sense of where I stand as far as my screenwriting ability. I will definitely be using his services on future projects.
                                Patrick Sweeney

Comment

Working...
                                X