X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
    Only a few slots left in November...

Also, if anyone wants to buy coverage for a writer-friend for Christmas, let me know. I can create a gift certificate.

First, quite happy I got my slot for November! *whew*

Second, there was a post here earlier that I suspect went into the cyberpost protection program , but in reference to the comment that was made--I already had my slot, but AH's response in kind to that post just solidified my assurance I've made the right choice in choosing him for notes and feedback.

I will be sticking with AH on my writing journey until he is no longer able to service us and he has to focus on his own journey.

End.

Comment

Thanks, Mona. I'll be here into 2011. My production team has already targeted our next feature (negotiating option right now) but we wouldn't shoot until the Fall, so I'll be reading for a little while longer.

Already taking reservations for Dec if anyone wants to be sure of a spot before the holidays...
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      15,000+ Screenplays
      [email protected]

Comment

Great news (!!!) but AARGH! ***Sound of knees hitting floor*** Hands raised to heaven in supplication. At least leave a Bat Channel open past Fall 2011.... ...please?

Comment

The Bat Channel will always stay open...
          NOTES / COVERAGE
          15,000+ Screenplays
          [email protected]

Comment

Received coverage this afternoon from the Screenplay Mechanic and was immensely pleased.

I, of course, was keen on receiving feedback and the comments were spot on and solid; however, the synopsis is a great tool for gauging a reader's interpretation of your story and, more importantly, your writing strengths and weaknesses. Did you convey x or y as you had it in your mind or did it fall flat or simply through the cracks? It really does help pinpoint where you might need to punch up some parts of your script, whether it be a subtle nuance or a character quirk that pulls a story forward or highlighting a possible disconnect in narrative. The service is invaluable.

Thank you, Andrew. Professional, astute and insightful. Would definitely recommend and use again.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends and clients!
              NOTES / COVERAGE
              15,000+ Screenplays
              [email protected]

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends and clients!
                Yeah, yeah, you seem like a nice guy and all, but let's not pretend that you: don't love red coats, care about Thanksgiving, and don't use replicas of the 1782 Treaty of Paris as loo paper.

On the other hand, I appreciate the sentiment. So, same to you.

Comment

What's loo paper?

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

@Hans, the Griswolds would refer to a "loo" as "the shitter."

@Mopap, I'm reminded of a Radiohead lyric: "When I am king, you will be first against the wall."
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Andrew, that's more like it. In Montana it was just the shitHOUSE, since we didn't have plumbing and had to walk a quarter mile to drop a deuce (JK What do you Brits call pinching a loaf anyway?

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
                        Thanks Andrew, that's more like it. In Montana it was just the shitHOUSE, since we didn't have plumbing and had to walk a quarter mile to drop a deuce (JK What do you Brits call pinching a loaf anyway?
                        Well in Cockney rhyming slang it would be: "I need a Brad Pitt/Eartha Kitt."
                        Last edited by EvilRbt; 11-28-2010, 09:50 PM.
                        NOTES / COVERAGE
                        15,000+ Screenplays
                        [email protected]

Comment

December is going to fill up fast. Make your reservation soon...

Also, gift certificates are available at the DD discount rate. Makes a great holiday gift for your screenwriting friend(s) or partner.
                          NOTES / COVERAGE
                          15,000+ Screenplays
                          [email protected]

Comment

@Mopap, I'm reminded of a Radiohead lyric: "When I am king, you will be first against the wall."
                            Unfortunate use of what otherwise is further evidence of good taste.

About that schedule you got going on, sheesh. I wanted to get you my latest heap of rubble, but I decided that I'd go back over it and, among other things, take out a lot of the violence. Yeah, you heard right! So, just stay in business a few more weeks.

Thanks!

Comment

December is going to fill up fast. Make your reservation soon...

Also, gift certificates are available at the DD discount rate. Makes a great holiday gift for your screenwriting friend(s) or partner.
                              If you're on the fence, can I just say you should go ahead and take the leap? Just got coverage back from Andrew today, and I was beyond impressed. Pointed out strengths (thanks!), flagged weaknesses, and just generally provided a wealth of useful feedback. Definitely worth the money, and a bargain at the DD discount rate. I'll be going back...
                              If you have someone on the set for the hair, why would you not have someone for the words?
                              Louis Malle

Comment

Just received my coverage -- it was surprisingly positive and super helpful. Thanks for the thoughts and encouragement.

I've been writing scripts for seven years, but this is the first time I've felt inclined to pay for coverage. I got my money's worth. It was just what I needed to keep me moving forward at this stage in my career.

Thanks a ton.
                                QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X