X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Originally posted by The lady green View Post
    how long waiting list do you have?
    Typically 2 weeks. Right now about 3. Taking reservations for the week of Mar 7th...
    Last edited by EvilRbt; 02-17-2011, 10:40 AM.
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Comment

Gonna have to add my voice to the chorus. I received my notes back last night (a day early, I must say) and they were great. Worth the wait. He pinpointed the core flaws and gave me awesome notes for my rewrite. Best of all....he got me excited again for how good the script could become. Definitely deserves a Consider (with no reservations).

Comment

Just received a set of notes on a first draft back and wanted to publicly thank Andrew for doing the job above and beyond the call of duty. Excellent in-depth notes that help to map out the re-write.

The Mechanic now gets my screenplays even before my mother.

Here's hoping I win a Mechanic's Nut award.
        If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
        Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Karate View Post
          Their mugshots are priceless.
          <------ Yep.
          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Haha.
            It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
              Just received a set of notes on a first draft back and wanted to publicly thank Andrew for doing the job above and beyond the call of duty. Excellent in-depth notes that help to map out the re-write.

The Mechanic now gets my screenplays even before my mother.

Here's hoping I win a Mechanic's Nut award.
              Cheers, Bruce! (and I won't tell your mother you said that.)
              NOTES / COVERAGE
              15,000+ Screenplays
              [email protected]

Comment

Once again, just have to mention that the Mechanic's notes on our latest script are fantastic! Hit every weakness on the nose (it's funny how you have a 'feeling' about them but aren't sure) AND made us really consider the uphill battle we face on this one based on similar unproduced concepts he's aware of (that we weren't). May decide to rewrite anyway but at least we have a realistic understanding of what we're up against.

Comment

Andrew, Andrew, Andrew!!!

I doubt I'll say anything that hasn't already been said before here, but I wanted to chime in and say thanks, at least.

Thanks for the insight. Thanks for the notes. Thanks for seeing what I was trying to do, instead of what I had actually done, haha. You pinpointed an issue that I had been trying to lay a finger on for the past 3 months, and in the first 2 lines of your notes, no less.

And most of all, thanks for not sugar coating the notes, I hate that. You told me what I had done wrong, and didn't try to inflate my ego on the few things I had done right.

This was my first visit to the mechanic's shop, but I'm sure it won't be my last. Some people may scoff at paid coverage, but when you live in an area where the screenwriting popualtion consists of yourself and an empty room, it's great to be able to turn to someone and get help on the fly.

Tony

Comment

I am extremely satisfied by coverage I received from the Mechanic. This was my second time that I used his service, and both the times, I was blown away by his notes. Believe me, he is the best in the business.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, Max and Tony! I really appreciate the feedback. Which script was yours, Max? Sadly, I know too few Usernames on here.

For everyone else, turnaround right now is about 2 weeks and I have a few spots left for the week of the 21st...
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                        Thanks, Max and Tony! I really appreciate the feedback. Which script was yours, Max? Sadly, I know too few Usernames on here.
                        The werewolf script - The Beast.

Thanks
                        Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 03-12-2011, 09:07 AM. Reason: Fixed quote and bad font

Comment

Originally posted by max_d View Post

The werewolf script - The Beast.

Thanks
                          Gotcha. You're welcome!
                          NOTES / COVERAGE
                          15,000+ Screenplays
                          [email protected]

Comment

More praise for The Script Mechanic.

We (my partner and I) recently got coverage from Andrew on a one-hour TV drama pilot and we also asked his advice on a possible new course we had envisioned for the project. Although we are newbies in this genre, and pretty much in the whole field, our script had made the finals of a pretty good competition. However, we and it were stalled and we knew we had to revamp. But how? I was going nuts.

Andrew's coverage was superb. He addressed both the present pilot and the possible direction. He is fair and brilliant at what he does.

We can now move forward with clarity. I think this will make all the difference in the future of our project.

Andrew is the best bargain in town. Don't do anything with that script until he reads it! I know we won't.

CJ

Comment

Andrew's read a number of my scripts over the last 2 or 3 years, and his notes have been invaluable. So much so that I just received my first offer to sign with a manager. Couldn't have arrived at this point without Andrew's insightful notes and his encouragement. You won't find better value for your money-- honestly, his rates are too low! Looking forward to continuing to send him my scripts, as long as he's available!

Comment

Congrats Gorn who'd you sign with!?

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Working...
                                X