X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
    Turnaround time is only 7 days right now. Shortest it's been in a year or two.

Get some.
    I "got some" from Drew a coupla months ago, and due to a total lack of social skills never sent him a Thank You note!...Mea Culpa...

The best critiques, IMHO, whether from friends or professionals, stand out in two different ways. 1, is to tell you something that you already sorta knew but couldn't quite clarify(or admit)...The 2nd is when a comment gives you a smack on the head "Duh" moment.

I got both from Drew...One comment was so astute that it actually gave me shivers.

Thanks Drew....Hope I'm forgiven now for my poor manners.

Midnite

Comment

Thanks, Midnite! Really appreciate the kind feedback.
      NOTES / COVERAGE
      15,000+ Screenplays
      [email protected]

Comment

FYI... I am wide open in December. Right now turnaround time is about a week.

I have to do a rewrite on BULLET RUN for Rob Cohen over the next few weeks, but I'll be juggling that with my reading. Clients keep asking if I'm about to stop providing coverage, notes, etc. The short answer: NOT YET.
        NOTES / COVERAGE
        15,000+ Screenplays
        [email protected]

Comment

Andrew, thanks again for your insights.

The Producers and I really appreciated your notes on THE FALL and with some of your suggestions for improving the story, we've turned it up a few notches.

Cheers,

Evan.

Comment

Originally posted by one seven spectrum View Post
            Andrew, thanks again for your insights.

The Producers and I really appreciated your notes on THE FALL and with some of your suggestions for improving the story, we've turned it up a few notches.

Cheers,

Evan.
            You're so welcome, Evan. I want to hear about that movie being in production next year!
            NOTES / COVERAGE
            15,000+ Screenplays
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
              Clients keep asking if I'm about to stop providing coverage, notes, etc. The short answer: NOT YET.

Yikes! Get it while you can folks. Andrew single handedly cut down my learning-curve by at least 2 years I'd say. Last year at this time - I was writing DAMAGED GOOD. This year, just finished HOLY SH*T. I think i've come a long way and I owe a lot to this guy for opening my eyes.

If haven't, do it. Submit to the Rbt.

Comment

Script went to casting possibles on Monday. Now the long and agonizing wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
                  Yikes! Get it while you can folks. Andrew single handedly cut down my learning-curve by at least 2 years I'd say. Last year at this time - I was writing DAMAGED GOOD. This year, just finished HOLY SH*T. I think i've come a long way and I owe a lot to this guy for opening my eyes.

If haven't, do it. Submit to the Rbt.
                  This is humbling. Thank you.
                  NOTES / COVERAGE
                  15,000+ Screenplays
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by one seven spectrum View Post
                    Script went to casting possibles on Monday. Now the long and agonizing wait...
                    Keep me/everyone here updated.

I've seen the casting list for BULLET RUN and it's ridiculously good. Just a few more tweaks to the script that Rob wants and Voltage goes out to cast. Hopefully 2012 will see both films in front of the cameras.
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

Wicked! Can't wait to see the end product. Always loved your concept.

Producers are aiming for Xmas holidays 2012 release (me thinks).

We'll be in touch before then anyway. Your fresh eyes are always of benefit.

People, get in and use Andrew's services while you can!
                      Last edited by one seven spectrum; 12-12-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Frantically trying to finish this draft so I can getcha...
                        Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

Comment

Make that 2 THUMBS UP.

Just used SM's services. Drew's coverage is invaluable. The script he read is a a beast of a story, but with his coverage, I'm well-prepared to do a revision.

I recommended him on Yelp, but I think it might have been an S Mechanic Shop on Crenshaw. Oh well...
                          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

New here but wanted to say that Drew's coverage was fantastic.

Comment

Andrew is a very good analyst! And doesn't waste his time or yours with technical notes to a screenplay like most coverage services do out there.

He guides you towards the right direction to what works and what doesn't with your story, characters and dialogue.

Plus, he's quick with turnaround time and reasonably priced!!!

Comment

Very professional and very thorough. Can't really ask for anything more than that.

If you're looking for top notch coverage, this is a no-brainer.
                                "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Working...
                                X