This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Thanks, getting my script more and more ready, and looking forward to it!
    www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
    http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Just had to come on and post...Andrew is on the money.

He is a great pair of eyes to have read your script/draft before moving forward with it on anything.

I'm looking forward to his thoughts on rewrites I'll be sending his way soon (be on the lookout next month if any avails by then... ).

Best,
      Mona

Comment

Thanks, Mona.

I have a few dates left open at the end of Nov but Dec is wide open. I look forward to whatever you send my way. Drop me a line when you think you're a week out and I'll put you on the schedule.

[email protected]
        NOTES / COVERAGE
        15,000+ Screenplays
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
          Thanks, Mona.

I have a few dates left open at the end of Nov but Dec is wide open. I look forward to whatever you send my way. Drop me a line when you think you're a week out and I'll put you on the schedule.

[email protected]

Will do . Thank you again and really appreciated your insight.

I think I have the perfect combination with your feedback along with another screenwriter to start making inroads in my writing.

Comment

Pausing while digesting the enormity of the gigantic BL3.0 thread, I wish to state...

The ScreepplayMechanic's services are invaluable. The breadth of his notes, plot summary and analysis evince a true dedication to help my ailing script. I am glad he evaluated my script, and in such quick fashion. His observations remain invaluable as I forge on and I hope to utilize his services again.

I recommend him wholeheartedly. Again, thank you Andrew for fitting me in.
            " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Meant to post this a looong time ago, but I got two sets of notes a while back from the Screenplay Mechanic and they helped out a lot. I know another glowing praise is just heaping it into the pile of similar reports, but it's hard to go wrong with the service. He does his best to offer advice that helps put the movie in the direction you're trying to take it, as opposed to what he'd personally like to see, which isn't even something I can say I do 100% of the time at my own coverage job.

Fully recommend it, if you're looking for an informed set of second eyes to look at your script objectively.
              @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hope everyone is excited to enjoy some time off from work and school to write over the holidays.

If anyone wants my feedback on their new script, I only have a few spots left in December. Happy to take reservations for January too. Just send me an email.
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

Just another client who highly recommends Mr. Mechanic's services. I've "tortured" him with my writing a couple of times now and I've always been a fan of his honesty and constructive criticism (although sometimes it's hard).
                  Happy Holidays and looking forward to seeing the 2012 list! I'm not on it, I know, but I'm curious who made it.

Comment

Recently ran a feature by him, I received excellent notes with a great diagnosis of problems and potential solutions. Highly recommend as a second set of eyes.
                    "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Happy New Year, everyone!

I received 304 submissions last year. Looking forward to just as many in 2013. Sometimes reading can be a tough way to make a living, but at the same time it's cool to think about all the different stories and journeys I get to experience thanks to all of you. Keep 'em coming.

If you want to make a reservation (plenty of spots left in January right now) get in touch: [email protected]

Here's hoping for many more Done Deal success stories this year.
                      NOTES / COVERAGE
                      15,000+ Screenplays
                      [email protected]

Comment

I've been getting quite a few emails recently asking about the Done Deal rates I offer. So here they are...

Notes-Only $90
                        Cover page (logline, box score, etc.)
                        2 full pages of constructive analysis

Studio-Style Coverage $110
                        Cover page
                        2-page synopsis
                        2 pages of constructive analysis.

Full Development Notes $250 (not discounted)
                        Cover page
                        Detailed synopsis (4-6 pages)
                        In-depth constructive analysis (4-6 pages)
                        List of typos, grammatical errors, specific page notes, etc. (1-4 pages avg.)

For reservations, contact me at [email protected]
                        NOTES / COVERAGE
                        15,000+ Screenplays
                        [email protected]

Comment

If any potential new clients need further information about me, I was recently interviewed by Lee Jessup, former head of Script Shark...

http://leejessup.com/lee-s-blog/scre...play-mechanic/
                          NOTES / COVERAGE
                          15,000+ Screenplays
                          [email protected]

Comment

So that's what you look like... kidding aside, great picture. And, good article. Wish I'd a read that one before I sent mine along. Hmm.
                            " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Highly recommended. Great service. My script was stuck in between two genres and EvilRbt gave me some great suggestions if I wanted it to be A genre this is what I needed to do and vice versa for the B genre.

Also, pinpointed an antagonist that I didn't know I had and could develop him further.

Awesome! Can't wait to send another script down the road to him.

Comment

Yo! Drew! Regarding my humble Lugnut script from last year. Weird stuff's happening(or not--It's Hollywood so who the hell knows, but whatever it is, it's really weird, in a potentially devastatingly good way that's way over my head and seems to be happening really fast).

Gonna send you a PM. Please respond if ya get a chance.

Thanks

Best

Midnite

Midnite

Comment

Working...
                                X