This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

I must add my voice to the chorus of positive reviews. Not only is the Mechanic's turnaround time astonishing (once you have a reservation), his notes are razor sharp. No smoke, no sympathy, we cut down to business: is your script ready to be made, and if not, how can you make it so?

The DDP discount price is a bargain. Definitely a RECOMMEND in my book.

Comment

I have to pay everybody to read my romcoms. When Drew put me on his first Lugnut List, my "bridesmaid" script (you know the one, QF out, 2nd round out) notes were all about character and dialogue.

I just scored an "8" on BL for both character and dialogue on this script and I wanted to shout out to all the comedy and romcom writers that the Mechanic nailed what this script needed.

Laughs and heart. Thanks Mechanic.

Comment

Agree that Drew is a gem. Used him a few times and have nothing but praise.

Drew, a minor question: what's the difference between a PASS and a PASS WITH RESERVATIONS?

I figure a straight Pass would imply reservations anyway?

Comment

Just a reminder ...

I had to delete a post because it was a long post that was copied from another board.

If you want to refer to material on another board, please just describe whatever you are linking to and then provide a link to it.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

whoops, sorry about that. Anyways -- Andrew, not sure if you visit moviebytes, but this is one of the funniest troll posts ever written (and I use that word very loosely):

http://moviebytes.com/messageboard.c...ges&topic=7682

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
              Just wanted to throw in my two cents to anyone thinking about sending a script to EvilRbt. I sent him one of mine about thirty days ago and felt absolutely horrible when he sent back the results. Horrible because I felt like I had completely ripped him off. Sixty bucks! The price of a dinner out in the Bay area? He's worth a lot more than that.

The work was way above the call of duty. He saw things I hadn't picked up on in seven rewrites. He was insightful, professional, and made himself available for further follow-up.

I will never consider a script done till I have received his feedback. He's that good. I just sent him another script a few hours ago.
              Which coverage did you purchase for sixty bucks?
              http://damianjohnharper.com/

Comment

Wow Bill. If ScriptMechanic had to read through 120 pages of that... just wow.
                "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

Oh. Wow. That blog post was only just brought to my attention. Hysterical. If only her daughter's comedy screenplay had been that funny.

I still appreciate all the positive posts DD'ers leave here. Thank you!
                  NOTES / COVERAGE
                  15,000+ Screenplays
                  [email protected]

Comment

A few people have emailed recently to ask if I'm still reading. The answer is YES and I've been so slammed with work that's why I haven't been posting here.

Right now, I'm booked solid until mid-July so, if possible, plan ahead. If you want to make a reservation, all you need to do is request to get on my schedule. You don't need to send me a PDF (or payment) until a day or two before your reservation.

Hope all my fellow DD'ers are having a great 2013 and cranking out some cool stories!
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

Drew has read everything of mine worth reading. I follow his advice and incorporate his suggestions (if I can). His advice and guidance is well worth the money.

He just this week gave my story of an unconventional southern family of four a 'consider'. By listening to him my writing has greatly improved in the short time I've known him. The man knows what he's doing, and he does it well. Plus he's a hell of a nice guy who's on our side.

Thanks Drew,

S
                      We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

$99 Notes-Only (cover page, 2 pages of notes)
                        $149 Full Coverage (cover page, 2p synopsis, 2p notes)

Email to check my "next available." Typically it's 2-4 weeks out. I give you a date, you send me payment and your PDF anytime (as late as the morning of). I read it and send you my notes that same day.

[email protected]
                        Last edited by EvilRbt; 09-16-2013, 10:58 PM.
                        NOTES / COVERAGE
                        15,000+ Screenplays
                        [email protected]

Comment

I also commend Andrew's work.

I messaged him weeks ago and he provided a date for the weeks ahead. He was slammed (and for good reason). He emailed me two days prior to the day of reading and requested to read it then, seeing he had other obligations to do on the day of. Rather than postponing it or throwing it in the pile, he read it immediately and provided the notes MUCH quicker than I thought.

The notes were great and made me look at a few areas of the script that can be improved.

Comment

I'm a Co-EP on this. If you love riding motorcycles, it's your new favorite movie.

WHY WE RIDE theatrical trailer
                            NOTES / COVERAGE
                            15,000+ Screenplays
                            [email protected]

Comment

I gave my script to EvilRbt to read a few weeks ago. he got back within a few days with good notes, really good.

He pointed out things that were real facepalm moments for me, like in trying to make my 'way in' character reserved, he came across as aloof and cold, and how well will that work for the character the audience is supposed to be following?

A few other things have spurred me on to... not change many words, but some of the slant and motivation of the script, with a few strategic words. Well worth it, he's smart and knowledgeable, and a good guy.
                              Always choose cognac over cocaine -- Jon Lord

Comment

December is booking up fast, folks. I've even taken a few reservations for January already too.

So if you think you'll want me to read anything over the Holidays or New Year, shoot me an email and let's get you on the schedule. Be aware, I never need payment or a PDF until a day or so before your reservation.

I hope every American client had a cool Thanksgiving.
                                NOTES / COVERAGE
                                15,000+ Screenplays
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X