Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inktip Sales?

Read some recent threads on Inktip because of something that just happened with them -but thought my question would get lost if I didn't start a new one.

Have been getting, not the Preferred Newsletter but the free one, just to see for a month or two, and lo! suddenly ran across a prodco asking for something that I have (or may have, I should say). Often, they supply a code to paste in to reply to it, but the link on this one only led to the means of signing up for their Preferred Newsletter ($50 for four months).
    So I wrote and asked why.

Got a nice reply, saying if I signed up (paid), they would send me that info 'if the company was still looking' (the ad had just appeared, btw. Same day) - and providing tons of other links. I tried the one posting their success stories. Scripts get sold or optioned every week there (or day?), it said.

After reading through them for awhile, I started noticing repititions: the exact same project by the same writer had sold to the same prodco. in July, in May, in April...for ex. Odd, no? Counted about 3 cases like this before I bailed.

So - anyone? Is it just a scam? Not terribly reassuring...!
Working...
X