Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

I just put my THE RETURN up--no paid reads yet.

Logline: After a pandemic decimates and divides mankind, desperate parents are determined to rescue their kidnapped teen deaf-mute daughter from savage Infecteds.
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Decided to give it a whirl!

EVER AFTER
      Taking the biggest risk of her life, an American woman moves thousands of miles to be with her Swedish holiday fling. As she struggles to settle in a strange country, the discovery that her boyfriend's ex girlfriend died in mysterious circumstances sends her into a tailspin of suspicion: is she struggling to confront a horrific truth about the man she loves, or has the isolation eaten away at her grip on sanity?

https://blcklst.com/members/script/5197

Comment

Originally posted by chilldivine View Post
        Decided to give it a whirl!

EVER AFTER
        Taking the biggest risk of her life, an American woman moves thousands of miles to be with her Swedish holiday fling. As she struggles to settle in a strange country, the discovery that her boyfriend's ex girlfriend died in mysterious circumstances sends her into a tailspin of suspicion: is she struggling to confront a horrific truth about the man she loves, or has the isolation eaten away at her grip on sanity?

https://blcklst.com/members/script/5197
        That sounds really intriguing, Chill!
        M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
          That sounds really intriguing, Chill!
          Why thank you! I hope it is ;-)

Comment

Ray, my writing partner in crime and honorary big brother, has listed our GENOVESE on the BL--the holy trinity of true mob stories (greed, lust and betrayal, with lots of murder and mayhem), about the fiery Anna Genovese, the wife of the notorious Don Vito Genovese, and her quest for vengeance against the killers of her parents and first husband.
            http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
              Ray, my writing partner in crime and honorary big brother, has listed our GENOVESE on the BL--the holy trinity of true mob stories (greed, lust and betrayal, with lots of murder and mayhem), about the fiery Anna Genovese, the wife of the notorious Don Vito Genovese, and her quest for vengeance against the killers of her parents and first husband.
              Saw that when it was first posted... so you two own the rights to her story?
              "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally Posted by LIMAMA

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
                Saw that when it was first posted... so you two own the rights to her story?
                I hope pj doesn't mind me jumping in - there is so little I can do to hold up my end of this collaboration but the legal stuff may just be something I can help with...

I can say absolutely yes, the rights are totally taken care of.

As I am sure you can appreciate, I cannot get into the specifics of the arrangement as it involves other people, amounts of compensation, and confidential communications I am not at liberty to disclose - but suffice it to say they are air tight.

After my own analysis, and after consulting with a lawyer I know and respect - a pretty well know sports and entertainment attorney in NYC - who represented the family in the last biopic I negotiated with him, all is well.

best,
                Ray
                Last edited by tucsonray; 11-25-2012, 04:13 AM.
                Seven years dungeon --- no trials!

Comment

Can you rate scripts without uploading one of your own?
                  @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Llama View Post
                    Amateur writers can't rate (or even read) scripts. Only folks on the pro side - managers, agents, producers, and hyphenates (writer-director, etc.) have access to those tools.
                    Patrick Sweeney

Comment

I have a fantasy/sci-fi script "Dragon Moon" on the blacklist.

It has 1 paid read, which was a 7 overall - I found the readers comments concerning the scripts prospects very encouraging.
                      https://www.blcklst.com/members/script/5054

Here's the logline:
                      On an alien planet, an enforcer of the law is framed for murder and sent to die on a prison moon. Thinking an obscure legend may hold they key to returning home, he battles dragons and murderers in his quest to find a way back before his whole race is destroyed.

Prospects from Blacklist reader:
                      The script is a very fun read, and a producer interested in the fantasy world could develop a highly unique and creative blockbuster with this material. It has broad viewership potential: both men and women would spark to this story, and the target age is wide: ranging from pre-teen to adult.

Thanks
                      Joe Crouch
                      Last edited by JoeC; 11-25-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I have one, too, if you want to check it out. It has one paid read and received a 7 overall. The review is set to public.

The Court of Lions (historical/drama/romance) https://blcklst.com/members/script/4905

Logline:
                        Set against the final bloody years of Spain's Christian/Muslim conflict, a young Christian Spanish woman held captive in a Moorish harem questions her loyalties when she falls in love with the man who killed her father-- the Sultan himself.

Prospects
                        "Isabel is such a wonderful, dynamic character and, with the right actress, her story could really be attractive to a female driven audience seeking a rich romance." - the Black List reader

Previous Awards - Winner: Spirit of Moondance Award, Moondance International Film Festival. Top 10% Nicholl Fellowships. Semi-Finalist, Slamdance Screenwriting Competition. Quarter-Finalist, Page International Screenwriting Competition.

Comment

I guess I might as well throw my BL script into the mix.

It's currently one of the top rated scripts on the site.

THE MASCOT (comedy) https://www.blcklst.com/members/script/3869

from the BL reader who scored it 9...
                          Logline: A former mascot, working a dull and energy sapping desk job, gets a wake up call and trains for the mascot Olympics where the prize is a prime mascot job.

Strengths: Great pace from the opening, everything is very tight and the comedic beats are fun and efficient. The voice, characters and world here are very strong, selling the reader on a heightened and exaggerated world from the get go. Every small piece fits together quite nicely, making the piece feel complete and consistent.

Prospects Save for a few small weaknesses, this story and the script itself are at a very professional, produceable level. It's not reinventing the genre by any means but it takes tried and true comedic and sports tropes, makes them feel mostly fresh and exciting and truly delivers a funny, crowd pleaser. With the right talent and creative team this would have a great shot at commercial success.

Comment

Originally posted by 8bit Llama View Post
                            Only industry insiders/approved members can rate scripts along with the paid readers.

Writers, who upload their scripts, cannot rate other writers' scripts.
                            "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

This is an earnest question:

Can someone articulate for me what the incentive is for a reviewer to give a high mark to a script on this site? Who's watching the watchmen here?

While BL seems less open to it, it seems like it's subject to the same manipulations you'd get on triggerstreet, where it wasn't about the quality of the script so much as how many friends a writer could get to vote their script up.

The inverse problem, of course, would be that people would vote scripts down in the hopes of getting their own script/friend's script/client's script to inch higher in the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz2074 View Post
                                This is an earnest question:

Can someone articulate for me what the incentive is for a reviewer to give a high mark to a script on this site? Who's watching the watchmen here?

While BL seems less open to it, it seems like it's subject to the same manipulations you'd get on triggerstreet, where it wasn't about the quality of the script so much as how many friends a writer could get to vote their script up.

The inverse problem, of course, would be that people would vote scripts down in the hopes of getting their own script/friend's script/client's script to inch higher in the rankings.
                                I'm sure if you get 2 or 3 pro readers they should even out any inconsistencies. Nothing is perfect, but the BL is probably the most accurate rating system currently available for scripts.

But, you got me thinking about it. There might actually be pressure on the readers with all the exposure the site is getting. If they give a script a high rating, it better be good, everyone is going to look at it. It might be the same pressure studio executives have, when always saying "no" is the safest bet to keeping their jobs.

I see a conspiracy theory thread on BL coming soon -- There was a second reader on the grassy knoll.

Comment

Working...
                                X