Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikosk
    replied
    Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Oh, my mistake, here's the correct link, I've edited my previous post as well.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/8191

Leave a comment:

• AP Oz
    replied

Originally posted by Nikosk View Post
    Actually, I can't wait to see what the reader will say, I've gotten some good reviews from the Austin film festival readers and I'm hoping the trend will continue.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/manage/8191
    You need to link to the script's "view' page not the script "manage" page (which only you can access).

Leave a comment:

• Nikosk
    replied

Actually, I can't wait to see what the reader will say, I've gotten some good reviews from the Austin film festival readers and I'm hoping the trend will continue.

Last edited by Nikosk; 01-29-2014, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ted zarro
    replied

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
    Average through our first twelve months was 10.5 days. If it takes longer than three weeks, you get a free month of hosting.

You can see more data along these lines in our Annual Report.
    I got my last review at 2 weeks and 6 days...so close to the free month! I ended up being more excited about that than the actual review, haha.

Leave a comment:

• Twombly
    replied

My BL script:

"Kepler" - Low Bud Sci Fi/Drama/Thriller

Logline: In the final days of a five-year mission to explore the Earth-like planet Kepler, Patrick Spence encounters a clone of himself and begins to question why he's there and what secrets have been kept from both of them.

What the reviewer had to say:

"This script is centered around a strong concept that leads to lots of intrigue such as why smoke emanates from the forest, and why a number of clones have been placed on identical ships all around Kepler. The role of Patrick and his clones should be appealing to talented actors as it presents unique challenges. This script has a number of particularly powerful images and moments. The pile of dead Patricks in the woods being one, the reveal that Christopher and Nadia are dead a second, and the line "They're not coming to get you- a third. The clones bonding over memories of Nadia is a nice touch as well. The scene in which Patrick is locked in a ship that he knows will be filled with poison is a good, tense beat in the story."
    https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/14169

Leave a comment:

• happywash
    replied

A little self-promotion never hurt anyone:

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/14634

The Berzerkers (Action/Adventure/Comedy)

A team of disabled vets unwillingly reunite when their former commander drops a bombshell on them: the terrorist who caused their disabilities is in America to carry out a devastating attack, and they are the only ones that can stop it.

Leave a comment:

• Exponent5
    replied

Originally posted by ATSayre View Post
    Got it. I'll take a look probably tomorrow. Maybe later today. If you want me not to rate it on the site (does a non 'pro' rating count towards anything?) I can email it through here.
    I am pretty sure only pros can rate the scripts, not peer writers (unless they also had a pro membership, I guess).

But you can definitely share your thoughts with me - it's always useful one way or another!

Leave a comment:

• ATSayre
    replied

Originally posted by Exponent5 View Post
    I approved it so you should be able to read it now.

I don't think your own personal settings have any effect on the other person's settings. They either give access or the request needs approval.

Hope you enjoy the read!
    Got it. I'll take a look probably tomorrow. Maybe later today. If you want me not to rate it on the site (does a non 'pro' rating count towards anything?) I can email it through here.

Leave a comment:

• Exponent5
    replied

Done. I changed it to request, just so I can keep track of who requests. Its probably doubtful I'll decline any requests at the moment.
    And I just sent a request to check out yours. If I switched my setting to anyone can read it without me needing to give them permission yet, would that mean I'd be able to do the same?
    I approved it so you should be able to read it now.

I don't think your own personal settings have any effect on the other person's settings. They either give access or the request needs approval.

Hope you enjoy the read!

Leave a comment:

• AP Oz
    replied

If I switched my setting to anyone can read it without me needing to give them permission yet, would that mean I'd be able to do the same?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• ATSayre
    replied

Originally posted by Exponent5 View Post
    Yes, you can read your peer's scripts. You just have to adjust the option in your "settings" and then peers can download your script.

Although, maybe not many people do it? I have read a few myself.

You can read mine, if you want to...

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/13855
    Done. I changed it to request, just so I can keep track of who requests. Its probably doubtful I'll decline any requests at the moment.
    And I just sent a request to check out yours. If I switched my setting to anyone can read it without me needing to give them permission yet, would that mean I'd be able to do the same?

Leave a comment:

• FranklinLeonard
    replied

Originally posted by Nikosk View Post
    I'm waiting for the reader's evaluation. Does anyone know how long this will take? I mean other than the three weeks maximum that says in the FAQ.

Also, if anyone is interested, you can check my script here, it's an action-thriller.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/manage/8191
    Average through our first twelve months was 10.5 days. If it takes longer than three weeks, you get a free month of hosting.

You can see more data along these lines in our Annual Report.

Leave a comment:

• Nikosk
    replied

I'm waiting for the reader's evaluation. Does anyone know how long this will take? I mean other than the three weeks maximum that says in the FAQ.

Also, if anyone is interested, you can check my script here, it's an action-thriller.

Last edited by Nikosk; 01-29-2014, 08:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Exponent5
    replied

EDIT: Disregard that last bit. I somehow thought writers could peer read other scripts in BL, like on zeotrope. Kinda dissappointed you can't, really ; I was kinda looking forward to checking out some scripts in my free time.
    Yes, you can read your peer's scripts. You just have to adjust the option in your "settings" and then peers can download your script.

Although, maybe not many people do it? I have read a few myself.

You can read mine, if you want to...

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/13855
    Last edited by Exponent5; 01-25-2014, 11:52 AM. Reason: add link

Leave a comment:

• Exponent5
    replied

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
    I remember reading Boyett's novel when it first came out in paperback. Very visual writing which should translate well to the screen, although...

SEMI-SPOILER BELOW

...the unicorn's actual voice will be the subject of much contention for any execs involved.
    Let us know if you sell this. How'd you arrive at the rights?
    I contacted Steve and we came to a deal.

You're right about Ariel's voice - I'm sure that would be a big debate for whoever makes the film.

I do hope someone will see the potential that I see in this. A lot of possibility for a really cool film - that's why I did it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X