Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Originally posted by happywash View Post
    I think it helped, because I received a lot of requests for the script from a lot of managers and agencies due to the Nicholl notification on October 1st last year. I'm not sure how many of them knew I was on the Black List anyway.

Would I do it again? If I get to the semis or higher this year for a different script, no, because I can point to my script on the Black List. But if the same script makes it to the semis or higher, then, yes, I will take it down (or suspend it, at least) so I can keep track of who's reading.

Because of the direct contact, I've made some connections with managers and a lot of assistants, and I've had some good conversations with them over the past year. I find that to be extremely valuable.
    Interesting. Thanks.
    "You have idea 1, you're excited. It flops. You have idea 99, you're excited. It flops.
    Only a fool is excited by the 100th idea. Fools keep trying. God rewards fools." --Martin Hellman, paraphrased

Comment

Just here to bump my project since I am getting ready to send it out on VPF and InkTip. Might try Spec Scout too, just for fun.

Title: "ARIEL"

Logline: At the end of the world, young loner Pete Garey and his unicorn companion, Ariel, fight to survive in the chaos of the Change, and must battle the dark sorcerer who covets the magical power of her horn.

Winner: Best Action/Adventure Screenplay - Script Exposure Screenwriting Contest November 2013

Link:
      https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/13855

Two years ago, at exactly 4:30 p.m., the world ended: the lights went out, cars stopped in the streets, and planes fell from the sky. Guns don't work anymore and neither do most machines. Pete Garey must find extraordinary strength to survive in the chaos that follows the event which survivors come to know as the Change. Since the Change, nothing works the way it did before. The laws of magic reign and magical creatures now roam the earth. Pete meets Ariel: a young unicorn with a broken leg whose purity and beauty capture his heart and bind it to her own. Pete teaches Ariel to speak and quickly learns of the price on her head from a sorcerer who will kill her for her horn. They meet a wise samurai named Malachi Lee who joins them in their quest and mentors Pete in the art of war.

Based on the novel by Steven R. Boyett, "Ariel" is an edgy post-apocalyptic urban fantasy, an exciting road adventure, and also a surprisingly funny story of courage and trust on Pete's journey to becoming a man.

"In 2014 Hollywood, there are always points for originality, and ARIEL can absolutely claim to be a story that won't have been seen before - the mixing of post-apocalyptic Earth with mythical creatures is ballsy, to be sure. The script also has a heartwarming symbolic coming-of-age story at its center." Black List reviewer

Thanks to anyone who reads!

Last edited by Exponent5; 05-14-2014, 09:41 AM.
      "Running down a dream, that never would come to me." Tom Petty

Comment

Last edited by typicalexbf; 11-19-2017, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Here's my latest TV pilot upload:

Title: "Maximum Risk, Inc."

Genre: Action-Adventure Comedy

Logline: "What if The A-Team were run by an actuary? The risk-calculating CEO of a private international security firm commands a covert strike force with cost-effective ruthlessness-- but only after the new recruits get HR's stamp of approval! CHUCK meets BURN NOTICE by way of MONEYBALL."

Link: https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/17685

The pilot just got an overall "7" rating (and an "8" for the Dialogue component) from its first paid review.

Comment

Hoping to direct some eyes to my script, The Girl From Mars.

Genre: Family Drama/Coming of Age

Logline: 11-year-old Lena Carey, the first person born on Mars, must learn to adjust when her parents send her to live with relatives on Earth in order to give her a normal life.

Link: https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/15829

In one paid evaluation, a Black List reader gave this script an overall score of 8/10, writing:
            "This is a remarkably sweet and uplifting family movie that brilliantly utilizes science fiction and futurist elements and boasts emotionally evocative themes about identity, homesickness, and growing up."

The script is currently featured in the Real Time Top List for the year to date.

Comment

^Awesome concept -- good luck

Comment

Genre: Family Drama/Coming of Age

Logline: 11-year-old Lena Carey, the first person born on Mars, must learn to adjust when her parents send her to live with relatives on Earth in order to give her a normal life.

Link: https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/15829

In one paid evaluation, a Black List reader gave this script an overall score of 8/10: "This is a remarkably sweet and uplifting family movie that brilliantly utilizes science fiction and futurist elements and boasts emotionally evocative themes about identity, homesickness, and growing up."
                I agree with BillG that this is a great concept.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I just finished a rewrite on my script HUNTER LAKE and posted the revision yesterday. I'd gotten a pretty good response (2 8's from the paid readers, yay!), but it needed work. Hoping for some more good feedback!

HUNTER LAKE

Logline
                  When their estranged father dies, a brother and sister head up to his isolated cabin to clean it out. They discover his terrible secret: their father was a serial killer. They decide to cover up his crimes in order to sell the cabin. When they find themselves stalked by someone who knows their father's secret, they find out just how deep family ties really go.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/12777

Comment

Congrats. I've sent in a download request for your script. I'm still awaiting assignment of "the Dirrogate". one more week to go I guess.

All the best.
                    |The DIRROGATE:Website, and Escalator pitch

Comment

Thanks! I just dropped you a request, too!

Comment

Downloaded your script. I thought I would read a couple of pages, then make a coffee and settle in for the rest. I ended making that coffee after page 50!

Engaging read. I can see why it got multiple 8's. I'd rate it the same!
                        Well done, and best wishes for the script.

Kind Regards.
                        |The DIRROGATE:Website, and Escalator pitch

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'm really glad you liked it!

Your script is on my agenda for this afternoon!

UPDATE: Hey, cly3d! I read DIRROGATE. Thought-provoking and intriguing stuff. Good luck with it!
                          Last edited by scribblerNYC; 06-03-2014, 03:39 AM.

Comment

I've got three screenplays hosted on the Black List, and while the one that received an 8 and 9 has had multiple downloads, one has only had one download, while the other hasn't had any. Here are links to my three scripts:

MR. MALCOLM'S LIST: https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/6641

One reviewer said: "In the vein of other light-hearted period romances like Pride and Prejudice, Emma, or more recently Downton Abbey, this script provides wit, fun and extravagance with a dose of misunderstanding in all the right places...It’s just a well-written, fun to read script that hits all the right beats...with the right casting [it] feels like it could have a nice audience, riding the wave of popularity of period British TV shows like Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, The Paradise, etc."

SIR PLUM: https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/17768

A reviewer said: "The characterization and dialogue in this script are superb. Many of the lines were a pleasure to read and completely appropriate and contextual for the period...This story is fascinating and there are a number of elderly British actors who would probably jump at a role like this."

And lastly, my favorite, overlooked screenplay:

DANCING WITH THE PRINCESSES https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/18112

"Impeccable attention to detail makes this script stand out. Comedic details ...are clever and funny in their brilliant simplicity. The story itself is original enough to be different from other animated fairy tales that have found success in recent years, but also familiar enough to have real marketable potential."
                            Last edited by sallain; 06-07-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sallain View Post
                              I've got three screenplays hosted on the Black List, and while the one that received an 8 and 9 has had multiple downloads, one has only had one download, while the other hasn't had any. Here are links to my three scripts:

MR. MALCOLM'S LIST: https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/6641

One reviewer said: "In the vein of other light-hearted period romances like Pride and Prejudice, Emma, or more recently Downton Abbey, this script provides wit, fun and extravagance with a dose of misunderstanding in all the right places...It's just a well-written, fun to read script that hits all the right beats...with the right casting [it] feels like it could have a nice audience, riding the wave of popularity of period British TV shows like Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, The Paradise, etc."

SIR PLUM: https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/17768

A reviewer said: "The characterization and dialogue in this script are superb. Many of the lines were a pleasure to read and completely appropriate and contextual for the period...This story is fascinating and there are a number of elderly British actors who would probably jump at a role like this."

And lastly, my favorite, overlooked screenplay:

DANCING WITH THE PRINCESSES https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/18112

"Impeccable attention to detail makes this script stand out. Comedic details ...are clever and funny in their brilliant simplicity. The story itself is original enough to be different from other animated fairy tales that have found success in recent years, but also familiar enough to have real marketable potential."
                              Oh, heck, sallain, I thought I was smitten with Sir Plum, now it seems like I would love to see all three of your scripts made into movies so I could go see them! Makes me wish I was a big-shot producer rather than another writer!

My suggestion? Enter a UK contest like Shore Scripts or one of the other prestigious ones. I bet you'll clean up... or at least you'll get the right eyes on your scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                                Oh, heck, sallain, I thought I was smitten with Sir Plum, now it seems like I would love to see all three of your scripts made into movies so I could go see them! Makes me wish I was a big-shot producer rather than another writer!
                                Ah, Cooper, you're so sweet. I wish you were a big-shot producer, too.

And thanks for the contest suggestion. If nothing happens for me on the Black List I'll definitely look into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X