Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Just posted my newest script on BL yesterday, and out of two views, received one industry download (have paid for a review, but it has not happened yet). So, nice thing to wake up to this morning.

This is why I like the BL. You can just put your script up, and the logline alone may actually get it in front of someone who likes it (or not!). BL has created another way of getting your stuff "out there".

Comment

This is my latest on the BL. No review yet.

FANTASMA BLANCO: The timid husband of a relentless homicide detective is forced to become an assassin for a prominent Mexican street gang when he accidentally kills the leader's son while driving through an East LA barrio.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/19585

My pilot THE RAPTURE now appears on the Top Uploaded List. From the latest review:

This show works excellently as a spiritual successor to True Detective, something that every cable network is probably looking for right now, in the wake of that show’s success. This first episode itself is solid, compelling, and brimming with great sequences and characters. It’s not hard to imagine Showtime or FX snatching this up, as it fits in very well with their dark, edgy programming, but also deviates from the norm in style just enough to distinguish itself. This script should have little trouble attracting attention in the current TV landscape.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/16864

FANTASMA BLANCO is easily the stronger pilot, but my queries came up completely empty.
      Last edited by GhostWhite; 06-17-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone, happy Hump Day. I'm currently hosting a script on BL; its information is as follows:

Title: SPOILER ALERT
        Genre: Crime Thriller/Action Thriller
        Logline: When his political exposé website is hijacked and begins to accurately forecast officials’ deaths, a secretive blogger goes on the run from the authorities in order to find the killer.
        Link: https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/19367

The script got an 8 out of 10 and is on the Top List. Regarding its prospects, the reviewer said: "This script feels like it definitely has a chance at getting made. It's a viable thriller with a very modern take on a popular Hollywood sub-genre of an innocent man who must go on the run prove his own innocence. The stakes are high, as the body count rises and the police get closer and closer to catching Evan."

Would love it if any pros out there could take a gander at it when you get a chance. Thanks! And have a great holiday weekend.
        Last edited by UpandComing; 07-02-2014, 01:44 PM.
        "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

After my second review (also with an 8 for setting), I got on the top lists. 7th now on Sci-fi/Fantasy, but than an industry member gave me a bloody 5!

It's life, I know, but it's just kinda disappointing after the Screenplay Mechanic recently gave me a consider (for a draft worse than this one).
          I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Hi,
            Mine is called OPERATION BLACKBEARD. It got an 8.

Here's the review:

Locations:
            VA, D.C., Somalia, Arabian Sea, Arabian Ocean, Pakistan, Yemen

Budgets:
            High

Genre:
            Action & Adventure,Action Thriller,Spy

Logline:
            CHRIS THORNTON works for his uncle, WILLIAM, who runs a private D.C. financial consultant firm that often does top secret missions for the CIA. William offers Chris a very lucrative job to intercept a North Korean freighter headed to Sudan that is illegally flying a Chinese flag. Along with SAMUEL, Chris' Somalian partner, they learn the real purpose of the mission is to capture an Iranian physicist, KASHANI, so William can auction him off to the highest bidder.

Strengths:
            Although it's a bit difficult to distill the logline, this is a very strong script in many areas. The premise has several components that feel very much in tune with the zeitgeist, including the threat of nuclear terrorism, Somali pirates, and dangerous international forces. It also has several elements that Hollywood has a long history of finding profitable at the box office, including high stakes action sequences, international intrigue, and a hero on a dangerous mission to save the world. The writer does a great job executing the action sequences, and they deliver all the adrenaline one expects from the genre. The characters have interesting relationships, including unlikely friendship that develop and betrayals that deliver emotional punch and narrative surprises.

Weaknesses:
            The only marginal weaknesses of the script are relative to the overall strengths and are dependent on the buyer's tastes and the current needs of the marketplace. It's a one quadrant movie targeting males, probably in the demographic of 18-40. It's also a pretty expensive movie, so it would probably need a movie star in the lead role of Chris.

Prospects:
            Prospects certainly seem viable. It's a very well written script, easy to read, escalating conflicts, twists and turns, reveals and betrayals, and high stake action sequences. These types of movies have a history of doing well at the box office and it certainly seems possible that there are producers out there who want to take this project on.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/17433

Comment

If anyone's interested, my comedy MOOK (I workshopped the intro on the script pages forum) is up on the BL right now.

Bought two paid reviews, got 7's from both with some 8 component scores, putting it into the middle of the top lists.

Here's the link, would really appreciate anyone taking the time to read it and share their thoughts.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/19594

(EDIT: Forgot that it was set to only industry downloads before. Anyone can download now.)
              Last edited by Matt L; 07-14-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

It got an 8. And it got a 5.
                Why don't you rate it?

Deliver Us From Evil: A soul-sick and war-weary knight home from the Crusade is forced to fight again as he leads his comrades and a motley band of refugees in a battle for survival against an army of the undead.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/19241

Comment

"WANKERS-

Genre: Comedy

Logline: Young studs on the mean streets of Britain booze, brawl, and fall in love.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/19801

This is a free-flowing, indie-style comedy in the tradition of past art house flicks like Trainspotting (though set in England this time, not Scotland).

Your responses are very much appreciated.

Comment

One BL reader said Deliver Us From Evil is "a nearly perfect zombie movie" and give it an 8.

Another BL reader gave it a 5.

Decided for yourself. Download before July 31 when hosting expires.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/19241

Comment

TROUBLE MAN (OVERTURNED)

Got an 8.

A self-centered hotshot lawyer who never loses has to rework the bribery and coverup cases of his convicted father's victims-the same cases his father couldn't win. If he doesn't, his father will expose the first crime he ever covered up: his

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/16040
                      Last edited by Anointed; 08-07-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Waiting For Ever After

Logline: An aspiring filmmaker sets out to prove happily ever after doesn't exist by documenting her hopeless romantic, best friend's quest to find Mr. Right.

Rating: Rated R for language, brief nudity, and sexual references.

Genre: Buddy Film/Comedy/Drama/Romance

Intended Audience Demographic: This film is geared towards the indie audience who enjoys character driven films.

People Who Would Like This Also Liked...
                        • Easy A
                        • Crazy Stupid Love
                        • 500 Days of Summer
                        • Celeste and Jesse Forever
                        • Silver Linings Playbook

Here's the link

Thanks for taking a moment to check it out!

Comment

What better weekend reading than what one Black List reader calls "a nearly perfect zombie movie"? https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/19241

Black List readers have given "Deliver Us From Evil" a broad range of scores -- from a 5 to an 8.

What do you think?

Comment

After a couple reviews, my new script, TORN, hit the Top List this week.

An abandoned U.S. combat vet with a psychiatric discharge finds purpose in helping his secretly suffering sister, but when the extent of her troubles emerge, he must resist the temptation to exercise his god-given talent for violence.

https://www.blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/25440

Comment

Posting here is pointless. One of the managers on DDpro should hold a logline contest like MichaelB did a few years ago. The top 5 get their scripts read.
                              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                                Posting here is pointless. One of the managers on DDpro should hold a logline contest like MichaelB did a few years ago. The top 5 get their scripts read.
                                That sounds like a great idea. I for one would love to see that happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X