No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Posts/Today's Posts

Jeff, your method worked -- thanks.

Will, where is this guidelines section that says you can't change user names? Is it under the Terms of Service?

Comment

Originally posted by BillG View Post
      Will, where is this guidelines section that says you can't change user names? Is it under the Terms of Service?
      It's listed on our Forum Guidelines and has been so for years & years going back even to our old DD forums: http://www.donedealpro.com/DDPForumsGuidelines.html

"Please pick ONE username and stick with it. Do not create multiple accounts."

It's not really part of our main site TERMS OF SERVICES so much since those apply more to a main site subscription account and came after the forums which have really been around longer than the DDP site. (Though the TOS still applies to everything that is part of our site, the forum guideline are specific to our message boards and all they entail.)

Hope this helps.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
        Yep, have for a long time. I just assume it's because the version of vBulletin they use here is getting pretty long in the tooth.

Here's my workaround - I enter

messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/search.php?do=getnew

in the address bar, and it doesn't work right. I enter the exact same text again in the address bar (not just reload the page) and it works.

Give it a shot.
        JeffLowell, I hope you don't enter that each time. Make a bookmark with messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/search.php?do=getnew

I just hit the New Posts link at the top.

Comment

For the record Jeff's trick worked for me, even on the iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
            For the record Jeff's trick worked for me, even on the iPhone.
            I changed my bookmark to messageboard.donedealpro.com/boards/search.php?do=getnew and now I don't have to use the New Post Link anymore. Saved me a click.

Comment

I use Firefox and have never had a problem.

Comment

Working...
              X