This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Black List Thread - Franklin Leonard answers your questions

Has anyone paid for a review on a comedy in the last few weeks? What was the turnaround time on them? I know they've been swamped the last month or so, so just wondering if that's changed yet. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CColoredClown View Post
      Has anyone paid for a review on a comedy in the last few weeks? What was the turnaround time on them? I know they've been swamped the last month or so, so just wondering if that's changed yet. Thanks!
      I bought two reviews for two different scripts, both comedies. The one I bought on 7/29 came back on Aug 4. The one I bought on 7/31 has yet to be downloaded. So....I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

I have a drama that took a little over two weeks.
        We gain our innocence by taking yours.

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jeep View Post
          Any news on when tv will be added?
          Franklin said end of summer - I believe - which we are at now, but who knows, they may push back the TV launch - again!

Franklin, are you there?
          "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

I can now say with reasonable certainty that we'll be rolling out for episodic work in early autumn. Obviously we hoped to do so sooner, but we shifted focus to take care of a number of film related initiatives, among them the Labs, the site redesign, the WGAw partnership, and the Warner Bros relationship (and there are still some things we've yet to announce. Stay tuned.)

As for the turnaround time on evaluations, due to a spike in demand post the announcement of the Labs and Warner Bros relationship, turnaround right now is generally between two and three weeks. As per policy, if it takes more than three weeks, you'll get a free month of hosting.

Comment

OK, the the reader download number is at 0. After it moves to 1, anyone have a sense about how long the wait is for the review to come back?

Comment

Originally posted by Manchester View Post
                OK, the the reader download number is at 0. After it moves to 1, anyone have a sense about how long the wait is for the review to come back?
                Within 24 hours, has been my experience, although my last review came back just a couple hours after downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
                  Within 24 hours, has been my experience, although my last review came back just a couple hours after downloading.
                  Yes - my latest was under 24 hours.

Comment

24 hours is a good rule of thumb. It's sometimes faster. Rarely slower.

Slower happens almost exclusively when readers download a group of scripts - when they're beginning any sort of travel, for example - intending to add their evaluations as soon as they next have access to reliable wifi.

Comment

Thanks, guys (he said ambisextrously).

___

Tom Swifties - NYTimes.com

Comment

I've been waiting for a review where the reader downloaded, and it's been a tad over 24 hours. But I don't really care, I'd rather have them be thorough than rush through it.

Anyway, does anyone remember what happens if you get an 8 or high in one specific category? I don't think you get included in the email, but somewhere on this massive thread I recall someone saying something or other happened....

However given the length of the thread, I can't seem to find it:0

Comment

Originally posted by LRic54 View Post
                          I've been waiting for a review where the reader downloaded, and it's been a tad over 24 hours. But I don't really care, I'd rather have them be thorough than rush through it.

Anyway, does anyone remember what happens if you get an 8 or high in one specific category? I don't think you get included in the email, but somewhere on this massive thread I recall someone saying something or other happened....

However given the length of the thread, I can't seem to find it:0
                          You get included in an e-mail that highlights your 8 in that specific category, but it's far less valuable than an oberall 8.
                          I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Franklin, when you get a chance can you please start a new thread dedicated to the BL hosting TV projects? That way all the TV info will be in one thread.
                            "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
                              Franklin, when you get a chance can you please start a new thread dedicated to the BL hosting TV projects? That way all the TV info will be in one thread.

Comment

Following some contest success and an 8/10 review (for a 7.7 average), my script had some busy activity a few weeks ago, but it's died down a bit, so now I'm wondering how long to leave it up before taking it off completely.

Thanks.
                                http://maximumz.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X