X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Black List Thread - Franklin Leonard answers your questions

Originally posted by anxt View Post
    Probably answered elsewhere, but -- what is a "view?" Viewing the script page, or the script itself? Thanks.
    I haven't seen any answer to this, and I would like to know too.

Comment

View is the page. If the view the script, it counts as a download.

Comment

Hi Franklin,

I received a paid review a couple days ago and another one today (which took 3 weeks to get to me). I was fortunate enough to have the average rating of the two reviews come back high enough to place my script on the Top Lists.

However, I still have a problem with one of the reviews (the one from today), as there were numerous factual inaccuracies listed in the reviews--which leads me to believe that the reader did not thoroughly read the script and merely skimmed it.

I tried to send this message through the "support link" on the Blacklist site, but I received an error message telling me to try again later. So I sent an email through the general contact email.

Will this email make it to the proper person to review this complaint? If not, please just let me know where to send my email.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by IGetsBuckets View Post
          Hi Franklin,

I received a paid review a couple days ago and another one today (which took 3 weeks to get to me). I was fortunate enough to have the average rating of the two reviews come back high enough to place my script on the Top Lists.

However, I still have a problem with one of the reviews (the one from today), as there were numerous factual inaccuracies listed in the reviews--which leads me to believe that the reader did not thoroughly read the script and merely skimmed it.

I tried to send this message through the "support link" on the Blacklist site, but I received an error message telling me to try again later. So I sent an email through the general contact email.

Will this email make it to the proper person to review this complaint? If not, please just let me know where to send my email.

Thank you.
          Best bet is always to email us at [email protected].

Comment

Hi Franklin,

Thank you.
            Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
            Best bet is always to email us at [email protected].
            Just wanted to provide an update to everyone here. Blacklist support responded quickly, and after going over my inquiry, they offered to wipe the review in question and add a month of hosting for my script.

Definitely appreciated the quick response.

Comment

Just wanted to provide an update to everyone here. Blacklist support responded quickly, and after going over my inquiry, they offered to wipe the review in question and add a month of hosting for my script.

Definitely appreciated the quick response.
              And we appreciate your letting people know about our quality customer service. Most people don't take the time to follow up and let people know how these situations are resolved.

Comment

And we appreciate your letting people know about our quality customer service. Most people don't take the time to follow up and let people know how these situations are resolved.
                I'd also like to sing the praises of the BL customer service. There's someone on the team in particular (I won't mention names, as this person may not want their name on a message board, but, Franklin, you can ask who's been talking to Will Hare) that has been courteous, quick, fair, and extremely friendly. Sometimes, it's just been a quick email exchange to see how things are going.

I've never had a problem with them, which is why I continue to use their service. (Getting an 8 on my script, which led to some meetings obviously factors into this as well).

Comment

It is - I don't want to start seeing peer reviews (don't want the Blacklist to become talentville or any of those), but nice to be able to share.

That said, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do so.

- UPDATE: Found it under account. I imagine the email says something about this, but don't know because my work doesn't allow access and my phone is going wonky after my daughter (9 months) chewed on it yesterday.

QUESTION: If I make it available to everyone, will I see who downloaded my script? I don't know if it matters, but I am curious.
                  Last edited by stainjm; 09-10-2013, 03:06 PM.
                  www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                  http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

No problem.

Also, really liking the new feature of allowing writers to have the option to let other writers download the script (or request to download the script).

Quick question about the Top Lists--do scripts go under the genre categories that we list ourselves, or do they go under the genre categories that the readers list in their reviews?

Comment

I know it's probably too early to ask, but has anyone found an advantage to allowing peers download their scripts?

Comment

I noticed the slightest of slight bumps in downloads and views since I've allowed my script to be downloaded by peers. Plus, it was one of the many that got sent out in a BL email the other day (basically a list of scripts available for DL).

Comment

I'd like to know the average and/or quickest read time anyone has experienced. From download to review.

The reason I ask, my script was downloaded, read, then the review posted in an hour. It was atrocious and obvious that the reader skimmed over it. They had facts about the script wrong in the review, and the strengths and weaknesses contradicted each other. Never using this service again.
                          Last edited by briking; 10-03-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by briking View Post
                            I'd like to know the average and/or quickest read time anyone has experienced. From download to review.

The reason I ask, my script was downloaded, read, then the review posted in an hour. It was atrocious and obvious that the reader skimmed over it. They had facts about the script wrong in the review, and the strengths and weaknesses contradicted each other. Never using this service again.
                            Email us at [email protected].

If it's true that it was downloaded and reviewed within an hour, it's almost certain that reader will no longer be reading for us and you'll be getting a free month of hosting and a replacement review.

Comment

Originally posted by briking View Post

Did the reviewer describe anything as being -- "sound." Had a similar experience. Meaning, similar on the time in which the script was downloaded to the time the review was posted. Also, several majorly questionable notes that made reference to moments in the script that didn't exist which led me to believe it was skimmed.

Comment

Originally posted by altamont View Post
                                Did the reviewer describe anything as being -- "sound." Had a similar experience. Meaning, similar on the time in which the script was downloaded to the time the review was posted. Also, several majorly questionable notes that made reference to moments in the script that didn't exist which led me to believe it was skimmed.
                                Then you too should email us at [email protected].

Comment

Working...
                                X