X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Black List Thread - Franklin Leonard answers your questions

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
    If my script hasn't been sent for an evaluation yet, but there's one 'reader download,' then what's a reader download?
    There's a section where it'll tell you if you have an industry download.

Comment

Thanks. I got a reply from the BL. That's exactly what it was

Comment

Hey Franklin,

My script's been dormant on the site for five months after some humdrum scores. I've just finished a re-write. Now much of the plot, characters, settings, and themes are still present. It's the narrative that's been overhauled

The FAQs section advises to start fresh, but it's not a page one re-write. Yet, I believe it's still a radically different script narrative-wise. So it's kind of in limbo. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks,

FXH
        I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
          Heather Matarazzo is my next door neighbor. She still talks and acts like that in her 30s.

Comment

Is there any way to make the justification self adjusting on the web site.

All the links on the left hand side are so tightly pressed against the edge of the screen. Just a little nit picking.

Comment

Originally posted by jddobkin View Post
              Is there any way to make the justification self adjusting on the web site.

All the links on the left hand side are so tightly pressed against the edge of the screen. Just a little nit picking.
              Could you send us a screenshot to one of the addresses on the About page? Dino would like to see exactly what you mean so we can address it.

Comment

Hi Franklin,

What would you estimate the average turn around time on paid reviews is right now? Looks pretty busy based on the ever-growing recently uploaded list.

Thanks!

Comment

I've been waiting over two weeks. I think they're slammed with entries because of the writers lab.

Comment

Yeah, I went ahead and uploaded my script -- West Third -- to The Black List yesterday. It'll be interesting to see what kind of rating it gets from the Paid Review. But, hell, it's always interesting when someone who doesn't know you or your work gives you their opinion.

In all honesty, I'm not Black List savvy -- is that an actual thing? --, so I don't know the difference between Download and View and Industry Download and whether it's a scam or not or helpful or not or ... oh hell, whatever else people are saying.

I think my goal is to simply see how this particular script plays when read by a stranger and if the story strikes a chord.

Guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                      I've been waiting over two weeks. I think they're slammed with entries because of the writers lab.
                      Varies based on genre demand, but right now, it's definitely quite close to three weeks because of demand.

If it exceeds three weeks, just email us, and we'll give you a free month of hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by duse View Post
                        Yeah, I went ahead and uploaded my script -- West Third -- to The Black List yesterday. It'll be interesting to see what kind of rating it gets from the Paid Review. But, hell, it's always interesting when someone who doesn't know you or your work gives you their opinion.

In all honesty, I'm not Black List savvy -- is that an actual thing? --, so I don't know the difference between Download and View and Industry Download and whether it's a scam or not or helpful or not or ... oh hell, whatever else people are saying.

I think my goal is to simply see how this particular script plays when read by a stranger and if the story strikes a chord.

Guess we'll see.
                        Saw your question in another thread.

The Black List is absolutely a place for smaller more indie projects, or tadpoles as you described them.

NIGHTINGALE, for example, was discovered on the Black List after two widely varying ratings and just finished production last month, less than 7 months after it was uploaded to the site.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
                          Saw your question in another thread.

The Black List is absolutely a place for smaller more indie projects, or tadpoles as you described them.

NIGHTINGALE, for example, was discovered on the Black List after two widely varying ratings and just finished production last month, less than 7 months after it was uploaded to the site.
                          Very cool, Franklin. Thank you for the thoughtful response. Greatly appreciated.

Comment

Probably answered elsewhere, but -- what is a "view?" Viewing the script page, or the script itself? Thanks.

Comment

Noob question, but how do I read the graph on my script page with % of ratings?

Thanks!

Comment

Any news on when tv will be added?
                                "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Working...
                                X