• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FranklinLeonard
    replied
    Re: New Black List Thread - Franklin Leonard answers your questions

Originally posted by CColoredClown View Post
    Just looked through some of the numbers released by the BL in their annual report. Really cool data, Franklin. Thanks for making it public!
    Thanks for the compliment. Credit also goes to Dino Sijamic, Terry Huang, and Glen Charbonneau.

For those of you curious which numbers,

here's our 2013 Annual Report.

Leave a comment:

• CColoredClown
    replied

Just looked through some of the numbers released by the BL in their annual report. Really cool data, Franklin. Thanks for making it public!

Leave a comment:

• CColoredClown
    replied

Great interview, Lauri and Franklin.

Leave a comment:

• LauriD
    replied

My article on The Black List in Creative Screenwriting is finally up:

http://creativescreenwriting.com/bac...he-black-list/

Leave a comment:

• FranklinLeonard
    replied

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
    Hi Franklin,

Has there been any movement toward including TV pilots? I saw in the FAQ that you were aiming for the second quarter of this year, but so far looks like nothing has changed. Are you ever going to open submissions to TV, and if so, why is it taking so long? Thanks.
    We're virtually certain that we'll be launching for episodic content before the end of the calendar year.

It's taken longer than we anticipated because we wanted to be sure we got it right. Also, there were a few opportunities on the film side - the WGAw partnership, the Warner Brothers partnership, the Screenwriting Labs in downtown Las Vegas, the tagging system, a few more things we haven't been able to announce yet - that we wanted to take advantage of that delayed our work on the episodic side of things.

Leave a comment:

• docgonzo
    replied

Hi Franklin,

Has there been any movement toward including TV pilots? I saw in the FAQ that you were aiming for the second quarter of this year, but so far looks like nothing has changed. Are you ever going to open submissions to TV, and if so, why is it taking so long? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• hb7
    replied

I had a reader download a few hours after uploading my script and assumed a review would be imminent, but it's been a few days now and the review hasn't been come down. I'll continue to wait with bated breath.

Leave a comment:

• briking
    replied

So, the first time I got the review back in an hour after the reader downloaded. Now, it's been five days. Not sure if that's a good sign or not. Positive thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• FranklinLeonard
    replied

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
    Oh heck! I read this before but since it didn't apply to me (yet), I didn't commit to memory and now I can't find it again: what is a non-unique download? Is that where a pro downloads it again? And does the reader count as non-unique?

Added later:
    Never mind, I found the answer.

But it's kinda weird -- 2 pro downloads and 9 non-unique downloads... how can they be losing a download? It's not like they can leave a virtual script in a cab or anything, right?
    A download also includes when someone reads the script in their web browser. More than likely, you've got two people who started reading the script in their browser and returned to it multiple times there, which, if nothing else, indicates that you're writing is worth returning to. Generally, that's a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• Cooper
    replied

Oh heck! I read this before but since it didn't apply to me (yet), I didn't commit to memory and now I can't find it again: what is a non-unique download? Is that where a pro downloads it again? And does the reader count as non-unique?

Added later:
    Never mind, I found the answer.

But it's kinda weird -- 2 pro downloads and 9 non-unique downloads... how can they be losing a download? It's not like they can leave a virtual script in a cab or anything, right?
    Last edited by Cooper; 10-04-2013, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• briking
    replied

Originally posted by altamont View Post
    Did the reviewer describe anything as being -- "sound." Had a similar experience. Meaning, similar on the time in which the script was downloaded to the time the review was posted. Also, several majorly questionable notes that made reference to moments in the script that didn't exist which led me to believe it was skimmed.
    Franklin and Terry straightened everything out quickly and professionally. Exceptional customer service. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• FranklinLeonard
    replied

Originally posted by Dunelm View Post
    Also, a peer download question:

Can peers rate scripts they've downloaded?
    Peers cannot rate the scripts they've downloaded. Only industry professionals can rate scripts.

Leave a comment:

• FranklinLeonard
    replied

Originally posted by Dunelm View Post
    So if I got 8s in setting and dialogue, it would go out on the email? Does Blacklist email you to let you know you will be on the email?
    You'll be included in emails to industry pros who are looking for scripts that scored highly on setting and dialogue. Those emails typically go out on Friday. Unlike the Monday emails though, you will not receive an email indicating that, but rest assured that they do.

Leave a comment:

• Dunelm
    replied

Also, a peer download question:

Can peers rate scripts they've downloaded?

Leave a comment:

• Dunelm
    replied

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
    You get included in an e-mail that highlights your 8 in that specific category, but it's far less valuable than an oberall 8.
    So if I got 8s in setting and dialogue, it would go out on the email? Does Blacklist email you to let you know you will be on the email?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X