Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good clipboard program

One thing that I have found myself wanting, needing badly, over the years is some kind of program that would let me quickly copy things, like on the DD board, without having to copy and paste all the time.

A few years ago I found a program that sort of did what I wanted, but it numbered the clips in hexadecimal, which really balled everything up, and everything went into the same storage file. There were other gross inconveniences, too.

But recently I found ClipCache, which is freeware. It is also available in a souped-up version that you have to pay for. The free version is all that I am using now. Here is what it looks like. You can create different files to store things in. Here I have stored a Done Deal post by Bill Martell in the 'Screenwriting' file.

There are three storage areas on screen: one for the 'folders' or data files; one for the name of the clip; and one for the clip content itself. The name and the clip content can be edited, and one data file can hold (I think) an unlimited number of clips, dependent only on memory.

One thing I do not like is that the free version apparently does not wrap text at the window margin. Maybe the commercial version does. But, in any case, it is a very functional application that has already helped me a lot.

http://members.aol.com/comicbent/clipcache.png

Here are the links:

ClipCache - Free version

ClipCache - Commercial version
Working...
X