Rank and review e-query script sending services WHICH ONE TO USE?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rank and review e-query script sending services WHICH ONE TO USE?

I'm a big fan of foreign films -- and also American films that involve travel to Europe/abroad. I really liked Tuscan Sun, My Summer in Genoa, Midnight in Paris, Avanti, Vicki and Christina in Barcelona, and many more. With that said, what may help you in your query is a frame of reference to another film or two that's similar and did well. Of course, you're not going to find a blockbuster hit in this genre, but that's not what you're going for. You're looking for an indie producer who would make this film as a passion project. Still, they do need to be able to visualize it -- and a frame of reference to another film or two is often the best way for them to do so.

Comment

Re: Rank and review e-query script sending services WHICH ONE TO USE?

I guess the problem is that my script is similar to earlier Euro movies like Bergman's Persona (claustrophobic, descent into insanity) and Oshima's film about an adulterous couple haunted by the ghost of the murdered husband. Hopefully, they would be known by the people receiving the query.

I have two options for the log line (the second is from an equery service):
      Which query is more effective, please:

1) An American widower travels to France, and begins a passionate affair [with a local woman]. But their love is threatened by the return of the ghost of his jealous ex-wife and the troubling revelation that his lover has secrets of her own {or "lover is a prostitute"}.
      [should I keep the bracketed items?]

2) As a widower struggles to grab hold of a second chance at love, his wife's jealous ghost lures him to the icy waters of insanity, where reality flows out from under him and Death trolls beneath the surface.

Comment

Working...
      X