Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Draft Error #91

Every time I try to print from Final Draft I get this error message. If I hit the â€okay†button in the error box, nothing happens. I have to go to the â€Task Manager†and close Final Draft from there. In addition to not printing, it also freezes my printer. What causes this problem, and how do I fix it?

I don't know, but if you go to their website, they have a pretty good FAQ page, and if you type in that error code, you should come up with something.

This sounds like either FD has a conflict with something, or you don't have enough RAM to print? There also might be a patch on the FD site that you can download and will fix the prob.

God speed.

Comment

You may already have thought of these--

Can you print (save) to PDF file instead and then print the PDF? If so then this may give you a workaround until your print-direct-from-FD problem is solved.

Have you tried creating another printer (for example, "Generic / Text only" with "write to file" option switched on) so you can run a test that may dismiss or identify a problem with your default printer? I use this as a handy little sanity check whenever my printer or its driver acts up.

-Derek

Comment

Thank you, noh1, for the best Final Draft advice anyone can give: Go to our online Knowledge Base. There are well over 700 -- that's 700! -- FAQs. Very few Final Draft issues exist that aren't in there. You don't even have to be registered to use it.

The Error 91 fix is in there and it's a pretty simple one. Please just go to www.finaldraft.com, click the Support Center link on the left of the page, type

in the search box, press Enter and you'll have your answer.

Folks, please spread the word that our online Knowledge Base is built exactly for problems like this. Use it and you'll get the right information in seconds, directly from us.

Comment

no prob, JFD. I love your product.

Comment

Thanks, noh, nice of you to say.

Comment

Hey I love it too!

Comment

FD

Yep, I even gave my screen a kiss!

....a little smudged though.

Comment

Re: FD

You ever notice that out of all the Movie Magic, Sophocles, and Final Draft users, only the Final Draft users post here with error messages... 8)

Comment

Re: FD

Shh! They're watching and listening, Pencey.

All three are good products.

Comment

Working...
                    X