Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reddit: Safe Place for Peer Review?

Reddit has two subreddits (/r/Screenwriting and /r/readmyscript) that provide reviews from peers. However, I'm wondering if it's a safe place to get a review of that script with the "great" concept, and whether people on there are credible. Thanks.

Re: Reddit: Safe Place for Peer Review?

I'm subscribed to both and view them casually.

"Credible" isn't really the right question to ask. The only distinction you can make is between amateurs and pros, are the likelihood of someone in the business reading your full script on Reddit and giving notes is slim.

Basically, you won't know until you read the feedback of whoever takes the time to respond. Your judgement of their notes determines how credible they are to you.

But since you aren't expliciting asking an individual user for a commitment upfront to read the script, you'll see if your story is even interesting enough for people to bother responding to.

As a community, I do think they lean more novice than DD. Most features are loaded with rookie mistakes from page 1. Most comments are dedicated to pointing out said rookie mistakes. The barrier to entry just seems lower on Reddit.

Comment

Working...
    X