Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Cost

Hi there! Anyone knows something about "Low Cost Script Editing"? They've been posting here, I emailed them with some questions, their answers were pretty good, and most important: they're giving a complete coverage, plot, characters, structure......for $25???!!! I'm sorry, I'm almost new at this, but it seemd good to me. What you guys pros think? Any comments?

We can see right through ya.

Comment

what?

What the heck are you talking about? Thanks for the answer, very constructive.

Comment

What?

He assumed you were the owner of the company, and that you were posting to advertise your own services.

I don't know anything about them, but if you were satisfied with their answers, the most you can lose by trying is $25. It's a lot of work to read somebody's screenplay and give a complete critique, so it doesn't sound like someone who's trying to cheat you.

Comment

Gabyra, your post sounded like an ad. If it's not, my bad.

Comment

It's all right

Hey, no problem. But the truth is, like I told you, I'm learning a lot of stuff through this site, with your posts, and that's why I asked. BTW, if I had to buy one or two books abuot the craft, what would you guys recommend? Thanks a lot for your patience with us, the "wannabe's".

Comment

You should check out the books forum... plenty of decent threads. What've you read so far?

Comment

Books

I've read some books back in my country, Argentina. And as you surely know, that's another language too, so nothing here yet. But I'm gonna take a look at the thread you told me. Thanks for your answer.

Comment

Low Cost Script Editing

Hi Gabyra, and others on this thread and board.

Yes the site is real. Yes it's valid. Yes it's only $25 dollars. (soon to be $30)

Will people stop assuming that I'm so dishonest as to post under a variety of names? There are plenty of opportunities for me to advertise by offering feedback.

My real name is Ann Smith. My board name is scripter, or scripter1 because when I logged into this site I had to create a new ezboard account and it wouldn't let me use scripter. I'm a frequent poster on Script Secrets. Bill knows me (as a poster on the board) and so does Derek(dpaterso) from my posts at the writers water cooler screenwriting board. While I'm throwing out names Love2code knows me, and so does NikeeGoddess.

If you want to know what I am capable of then check out the script pages sections.

pub130.ezboard.com/fdoned...21&stop=24

pub130.ezboard.com/fdoned...1254.topic {My comments are below the first two replies}

Comment

articles

One of the best things that ever happened to my screenwriting was finding Bill Martell's Script Secrets and his free daily tips. Very practical, specific advice on loads of stuff. www.scriptsecrets.net/

Also check out Wordplay.com

Spend a few days looking over the posts on the board and you'll get quite an education as well. Thousands of newbies have posted many, most, or all of the questions your likely to ask so just reading the boards is like reading all of the books.

Comment

good books...

"BTW, if I had to buy one or two books abuot the craft, what would you guys recommend? "

Gabyra,

just re-reading my copy of "How NOTto Write a Screenplay" by Denny Martin Flinn. Really good book--shows you actual examples of flawed writing culled from "bona fide agency-submitted screenplays" that Flinn's encountered over the years as a reader.

Then shows you how pros do it with excerpts and scenes taken from the scripts of produced films. The contrasts are often striking. For me, reading good pages side-by-side with bad ones has been one of the best tools for quickly training your own eyes and ears to recognize the difference between weak and strong writing. This exercise really helps develop that much-needed objectivity beginning writers need in order to effectively evaluate and improve their own writing.

That's one book, I'd recommend, anyway. There's at least about a half-dozen others I'd recommend, too, but Flinn's book covers a lot of good ground for beginners in a single volume.

Comment

The farce continues.

I'm not sure I think scripter is posting under multiple names- but I'm honestly astounded that anyone thinks I'm gonna send any money to someone whose screenwriting credentials continue to be limited to

"active reviewer on American zoetrope for six months",

"participated in 2002 Project Greenlight as both a contestant and a reviewer."

and

"I have two finished screenplays, which I am actively pitching." (from sunny Indiana.)

Give us a break. You have not read ONE script for a real film company. If I wanted amateur opinions on a script I could go on Triggerstreet or Zoetrope.

Comment

PS:

PS:

I'm not sure Scripter is NOT posting under multiple screen names either.

Comment

Re: The farce continues.

Yes Buzz, you could go to triggerstreet or zoetrope and most likely get lukewarm or barely there help by people who may or may not be good writers and readers. You could also get royally trashed. They are not setup for detailed feedback and 90% of the people there just do the minimum to get access to their own reads. Yes, there are some very good readers there and you can get some great advice and help. I even have a link to zoetrope on my site.

I don't promise industry contacts. Just insightful, detailed, and constructive feedback, suggestions, and comprehensive edits. I've read the coverage on many of the "pro" sites that are charging 100 dollars or more. Get real. One lady wrote three pages just recapping the exact details of the story. It was a short treatment, NOT helpful advice on how to improve the script.

If your script is 140 pages long you will most likely get back 140 pages of notes. I'll even look up words in the thesaurus for you and make a list of them so you'll have them right there on the script to choose from. I tell you at exactly which point and why the story either grabbed me or lost me. I'll suggest ways to trim up action lines and dialog, and keep your characters in character. I tell you where you had theme, conflict, tension, or story, and exactly where you lost it and why. I'll find every typo and error. I'll tell you what you did well, what you didn't and provide articles and chapters from books to help you with those specific problems. I've already done the Internet searches and I just hand over three years worth of research to you. All for a small fee.

No, I haven't sold any scripts yet. Does that mean I can't write? Does that mean I don't understand story or the nuances of language?
                            Yeah, I live in Indiana. So what. Where I live doesn't affect my ability to know if a story grips me or not.
                            I have the time and I enjoy reading scripts.
                            I've posted feedback on the script pages. My work there stands for itself.

Comment

Re: PS:

I'm one of the very few people who has an actual bio. I think the fact that I'm honest enough to tell you a little about myself should stand for something.

Oh, and one more name to drop. Phonixwriting knows me as well from scriptsecrets and he's read a bit of my work.

Comment

Working...
                              X