Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lions and tigers and bears

What kinds of firewalls, moats, fire breathing dragons are y'all using?
    Or is that best kept a secret? Is there a good website to get me started? I have made a few changes but so far it's not helping. The old quill pen is looking real appealing.

I have some flying monkeys chasing after me. Apparently ruby slippers are all the rage.

You see what hanging around in those poppy fields does to your brain? From now on, lay off the opium...

Comment

thanks for the help

I can't tell who's a good witch and who's a bad witch anymore.
      The sooner I get out of Oz all together the safer I'll sleep.

Comment

Re: thanks for the help

If you are talking about a firewall for your computer (I think you are), I have DSL and use a hardware router connected to my DSL modem and then into my computer through my ethernet card. Supposedly all you need (according to my friend who knows more about this than I do). Router and Ethernet card, approx. $60.

Comment

spin,
          router and ethernet card for $60 - what brands?
          are you sure it's not a hub? I've never seen a router for under a 90 bucks.

btw, router will give you a de facto firewall.

dh

Comment

I have a DSL and use Norton firewall. It works fine.

Comment

Right, that's what I meant, the router is my firewall basically. I have Linksys DSL router and Linksys 10/100 Ethernet card. Just got it at Best Buy about two weeks ago. The price I quoted was net after rebates. Router was $60 with $10 rebate, ethernet card was $15 with $10 rebate.

Comment

Working...
              X