requests after using Venice Arts - include SASE?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• requests after using Venice Arts - include SASE?

I sent a query through Venice Arts four days ago (great service, very friendly and professional), and so far have 9 negative and 6 positive replies, 5 of which want the screenplay on paper.

So, my question is, should I include a SASE with these screenplays? Or would that be a step back, so to speak?

Congratulations on the requests, Tom. Personally, I see no need to send a SASE unless you want the screenplay returned. Just include a short cover letter and make sure to mark your envelope with "requested material."

Best of luck,

Pandoraisme

Comment

also, prepare to get a bunch of junk emails.

i got a brand new address to be used ONLY for the contacts i got through venice arts. i never signed up for anything anywhere online with that address... shortly after doing the venice thing i started getting spam. it gets worse and worse.

but good luck with the query part.

Comment

I only include a SASE if they request one.
        I never want anything back. Maybe someday someone will blow off the dust and I'm packing a suitcase.
        If they toss it, so what? It's probably months later and I already did a small edit/rewrite/tweak.

Unless ... maybe ... did anyone ever get a script back with unsolicited notes scribbled on the pages?

Comment

TheEndOfEverything Wrote:

i got a brand new address to be used ONLY for the contacts i got through venice arts. i never signed up for anything anywhere online with that address... shortly after doing the venice thing i started getting spam. it gets worse and worse.

but good luck with the query part.

I did the same thing. I signed up for a new Yahoo account just to use with Venice Arts. I have never gotten an ounce of spam in it. I don't think Lisa works like that. I've had really good luck with here service. I had something like 14 requests to read. Who is your email account with? I thinks MSN and Hotmail sell your email addy.

Comment

that is good to know. i'm glad i never said anything to her about it or mentioned it anywhere else but here. although, it is odd that most of the spam i get is industry related. i don't know where else they got the address. hmm.

thanks for the heads up. i'll be a little more careful.

travis

Comment

Working...
            X