No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webinars -- The Writer's Store??

Hello everyone:
    Has anyone had any experience with the webinars at The Writer's Store? I don't really know anything about how it works once you purchase an "on demand" webinar...

Can you view it only once? Are you given an access code to use? Is there such a thing as 'unlimited' access to it once you've purchased it?

I'm looking at possibly purchasing one of their package deals, and it includes two webinars. One doesn't say anything about the run time and neither says anything about how long you have access to it, and whether it's unlimited. Maybe they think everyone knows what "on demand" means, but I don't.

Do any of you??

Your help is appreciated.
    Best,
    FA4
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Webinars -- The Writer's Store??

They're usually access to streams of previous teleseminars or web seminars (David freeman, for example). If it's something that's an aspect of your writing you want to work on and the seminar seems focused toward that goal, go for it. I got access to a few for free after flying out to a freeman seminar. Screenwriting U usually pimps out seminars for their guest speakers (i.e., the Mini Movie guy).

Comment

I've done them a few times, they're quite good. If you sign up for one of the webinars that is still upcoming, you have the option to listen live, or any time after that. There is a set amount of time you will have access after that, but I don't remember what it is because it was never a problem. It is quite a generous time period.

The main difference with the live events is that signing up for them can sometimes offer a little something extra, such as being able to submit a logline for review, or something connected to the subject matter. All webinars can be ordered and viewed at your leisure after their live streaming, but you will not have access to the speaker and whatever something special (such as the logline help) they were offering.

Comment

Thanks, Dave22 and Nativeson. I received a response from The Writer's Store and they state...

The OnDemand webinars are recordings of previously-live courses. They are yours to keep and watch as often as you like. They are digital downloads, so no CDs for them and they run about 90 minutes, give or take a few.
        Good news for me. Hope this helps for anyone else with the same question.
        FA4
        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
        X