X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScriptGal Update & Info

Hi All,

I wanted to re-introduce myself to everyone out there. I've been posting on here for a few years now, but I don't have my own thread, per se. To remind everyone who I am, here is Jeff Lowell's nice post that has served as my defacto advertising thread up until now:

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=67168

I've been a paid script consultant for over three years and prior to that I worked in development for over a decade. I have a few production credits and know how studios and production companies operate from the inside out.

Part of my service is to give you feedback on the commercial prospects of your screenplay. I love working with writers and consider your project my project - it's my job to identify the strengths and weaknesses of your script and to help you shape your story in the best way possible. I offer the standard coverage and notes services, and also do proofreading and advanced editing, as well as marketing strategies.

I'm launching a new website in April, along with new development services. For a flat monthly fee you will have unlimited email exchanges and a weekly phone call. The month will start with a written analysis of your script/outline/treatment and end with an evaluation of any new material. Basically, I will be working with you the way a development person works with a writer on a project.

My prices will go up - but as always, I offer a discount to Done Deal members. And if you want to lock in the current Done Deal discount, PM me or email me at [email protected], and I'll put you on the schedule.

Thanks! It's been fun working with many of you over the years, and I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

Amanda
    ScriptGal
    Screenplay Consultation & Analysis
    Fifteen Years Development Experience
    http://www.scriptgal.com/

Discount for DD Members!

Re: ScriptGal Update & Info

Having used Amanda in the past, I highly recommend her services. Amanda was able to identify some core strengths in my script, but most importantly, some glaring weaknesses. She was especially gracious with her time after her coverage and answered any questions I had regarding her comments. She's also very prompt with her services. Honestly, the money was definitely worth the price of admission. I will be using her services again.

Thanks Amanda!

Comment

I can second this. She was very insightful, and forced me to ask some great questions about my script. She was super quick, and super thorough. Also she was willing to followup with me on the phone which was nice.

Comment

Thanks! Here's another thread that is complimentary. As always, I'm second banana to Andrew - but not a bad place to be

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...t=76347&page=1
        Last edited by ScriptGal; 03-27-2015, 06:12 PM.
        ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Looking for solid, seriously good notes and x-ray vision for plot problems? The great thing about Amanda is she doesn't just give notes, she gives solutions, what ifs and alternative ideas that help take the characters and the story to better places; places you probably hadn't considered.

And all of that is based on the experienced eye of someone who has walked the walk and knows what works in Hollywood. There are a lot of readers out there, but there's only one ScriptGal. I've sent her several pieces and they have all been better for her vision and recommendations. I'll be sending more.

Comment

Bananas got no bones. But seriously, good notes -- Get 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by wsaunders View Post
              I can second this. She was very insightful, and forced me to ask some great questions about my script. She was super quick, and super thorough. Also she was willing to followup with me on the phone which was nice.

Consider it "THIRDED". Super notes and I like that she is painfully honest without being discouraging. I too, found the follow-up phone call to be extremely helpful as sometimes what you read INTO her notes is not actually as critical as you think. I'm definitely taking her suggestions into my (hopefully final, haha) re-write.

Comment

Has anyone had any contact with ScriptGal lately? I've sent her a few emails, and have had no response.

Comment

Originally posted by wsaunders View Post
                  Has anyone had any contact with ScriptGal lately? I've sent her a few emails, and have had no response.
                  Hi Will - I sent you an email 5/8 and a followup 5/19. Anybody who hasn't heard from me and was expecting to - please email me or PM me. Something is up with my ScriptGal email.

Sorry for any confusion.
                  ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Hello all...

I just had my first experience using Amanda to provide notes on my script, and it was great!

Amanda is very thorough and thoughtful in her analysis. As others have said, if your script has any cracks, she will find them and help you fix them. I'd say she's tough but fair, in a constructive way that ends up feeling much more like collaboration than criticism.

I also had a follow up phone call with her, and that is worth at least as much as the notes. We went over her notes and any questions I had, and by the end of the call I really felt like I had clear direction going forward.

Amanda even asked about the next script I'm planning and provided feedback on the (very) immature concept and what direction to take it in that would work best.

I can't recommend ScriptGal highly enough. Especially if, like me, you are new to screenwriting and still looking for your unique "voice." She *can* help you find it.

Comment

Anyone have any luck communicating with Scriptgal lately? She's one of the best there is so I'm patiently waiting but I sent her a script the last week of June, and haven't heard anything since.

I even sent a few follow-up emails, but still nothing.

Comment

Hi Everyone. Sorry to have been AWOL from Done Deal for awhile - but rest assured ScriptGal is alive and well and as busy as ever.

Just popped in to say hi, Happy October, and go see THE MARTIAN right now!
                        ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Amanda just finished covering my script. She gave me some ideas to improve upon the script that my tired old eyes and brain didn't see in my re-write. Not only that, she also phoned me and we went over some other options for the script opening. Gave me plenty of ideas. The script will be better because of her. Thanks Amanda.
                          PuppyTummy.com

Comment

Is Amanda not doing coverage anymore? I sent her an email like a week ago (on 1-11-16) but never heard back. I really like her notes and have a new script I wanted to send to her. Has anyone had any interaction with her recently? Thanks.

Comment

Yep, she/I am. Had some health issues, but back in the saddle!

My best film by far of the past year was THE BIG SHORT. How 'bout you guys?
                              ScriptGal

Discount for DD Members!

Comment

Working...
                              X